Britten's Nocturnal

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Music777

Britten's Nocturnal

Post by Music777 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:59 pm

Hiya,
does anybody know where I could find the full guitar sheet for this masterpiece? Thank you!

mrcold

Post by mrcold » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:03 pm

i am confident that you know this work is still under copyright, so it would have to be purchased...

I got my copy from gspguitar.com

Good Luck,
Cody

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:45 pm

Published by Faber Muisc 0571500056

Ellis, my memory is that you're in Belgium. It should be easily obtainable through your usual sheet music retailer, probably about 13-14 Euros so cheap for such a big work

Music777

Post by Music777 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:42 pm

alright then, thank you!

btw: Brock, I wonder how extended your repertoire must be if you can even remember where I'm from! lol

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:41 pm

EllisPecen wrote:btw: Brock, I wonder how extended your repertoire must be if you can even remember where I'm from! lol
Not very large. I've learnt that this sign means "go and practice sight reading".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PRC

Britten's Nocturnal

Post by PRC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:42 am

My copy, which is fingered by Bream, was published by Faber Music Limited in London or G. Schirmer, Inc, NY. It was purchased in 1965 so I do not remember where I actually bought it. I use Gently Rocking as a tremolo study and Dreaming is a great artificial harmonic warm up.

Paul

chrisW3
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Britten's Nocturnal

Post by chrisW3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Just resurrecting this topic as I'm wondering what the general view is of the fingering of the final movement of this piece i.e. the Dowland section. I've always found it really hard to play. Do people generally persevere with it or is it often re-fingered? After all it is a transcription from the lute original so there is no correct way.

User avatar
Christopher Freitag
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: Britten's Nocturnal

Post by Christopher Freitag » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 pm

chrisW3 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm
Just resurrecting this topic as I'm wondering what the general view is of the fingering of the final movement of this piece i.e. the Dowland section. I've always found it really hard to play. Do people generally persevere with it or is it often re-fingered? After all it is a transcription from the lute original so there is no correct way.
It's challenging, but the fingering makes it possible to sustain the voices.
Chris Freitag
cjfguitar

2013 German Vasquez Rubio Concert Special "Bernardi"; German spruce/Brazilian rosewood
2014 Garrett (Gary) Lee spruce/cedar double top; Brazilian rosewood

chrisW3
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Britten's Nocturnal

Post by chrisW3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks, I suspected that had something to do with it. Such a simple sounding piece yet so difficult to play.

User avatar
Stephen Kenyon
Teacher
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Dorchester, Dorset, England

Re: Britten's Nocturnal

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:26 am

chrisW3 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 pm
Thanks, I suspected that had something to do with it. Such a simple sounding piece yet so difficult to play.
Because tis not just the lute part but the vocal line at the same time ...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 10 guests