Burgalesa [Moreno Torroba]

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Dick

Burgalesa [Moreno Torroba]

Postby Dick » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 pm

I would like to purchase Burgalesa. Can anyone suggest a source?
I have read that piece is tough to finger. Any help here?
thx, Dick

Vesuvio

Postby Vesuvio » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Hello Dick,

Segovia's arrangement of this is published by Schott.

You should be able to get it through your usual music supplier or through any of the major online music retailers.

Best wishes, V
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Dick

Postby Dick » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:53 am

Thankyou V.,
That was the transcription I was thinking of. I just wanted to check to see if I was missing something.
Dick

Pragueguy

Postby Pragueguy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am

hi Dick, you are missing something you would probably want to know unless you are to-level professional guitarist

The published piece, which I bought myself, is in the wonderful and virtually unplayable (for non-pros) key of F sharp major

Segovia himself transcribed and recorded it in E major

Some of us, including myself have then done their own editing/transcription to bring it to "Segovia's" E major transcription

best regards

Mike

Brock

Postby Brock » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:45 pm

That's interesting Mike - didn't Segovia do the same with with Ponce's preludes and play some of them in a different key too? I seem to recall with those, that Segovia's published editions are in the key Ponce wrote but fingered for the key Segovia played them in.

As I'm sure you realise your 'transcription' is still copyright to Torroba (and his publisher) so you cannot offer it through the forum.

Urgle

Cheat

Postby Urgle » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Tune your sixth string up to F# and it becomes a ridiculously easy piece to play, with only one bottom E that you can't get (play it an octave higher)

Flash6234

Re:

Postby Flash6234 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:54 am

Pragueguy wrote:hi Dick, you are missing something you would probably want to know unless you are to-level professional guitarist

The published piece, which I bought myself, is in the wonderful and virtually unplayable (for non-pros) key of F sharp major

Segovia himself transcribed and recorded it in E major

Some of us, including myself have then done their own editing/transcription to bring it to "Segovia's" E major transcription

best regards

Mike

Do you still have a copy of this transcription? I would love to play it.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”