Quique Sinesi

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Sean

Quique Sinesi

Post by Sean » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Does anyone here know where the following pieces of Quique Sinesi can be purchased? The works are Sonidos de aquel dia, Contramarea, and Cielo abierto. I cannot find them in all the usual sheet music order spots. Is it possible these pieces are lodged in an anthology book somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sean

Aryeh

Re: Quique Sinesi

Post by Aryeh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Sean wrote:Does anyone here know where the following pieces of Quique Sinesi can be purchased? The works are Sonidos de aquel dia, Contramarea, and Cielo abierto. I cannot find them in all the usual sheet music order spots. Is it possible these pieces are lodged in an anthology book somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sean
Hi Sean ,

Contramarea and Cielo Abierto are part of an anthology from Gendai Guitar called "La Guitarra en la Argentina" edited by Victor Villadangos. You can get it at Spanish Guitar dot com. It's got a bunch of really nice pieces and arr.'s in it including Villadangos' beautiful arr. of El Dia Que Me Queiras by Gardel (recorded very nicely here on the forum by Guitar Slim). I don't think it's cheap though, more than $40.00 US before shipping.. :(

Here's the listing for it-

VILLADANGOS, Victor
La Guitarra en la Argentina

GARDEL/LE PERA-El Dia Que Me Quieras; GONZALEZ-Primera Impresion; KANTOR-Estudio no.1-Puna y Caluyo; Kataki Ka; LAURENZ-Milonga de Mis Amores; MORES-Taquito Militar; PIAZZOLLA-Adios Nonino; Triunfal; M.D.PUJOL-Villa Pueyrredon; Plaza Italia; Villa Real; RIVANO-Kokoro; SINESI-Contra Marea, Cielo Abierto; VITALE-Milonga del 71;
GG0424

Aryeh

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Aryeh,

Thank you for the information! I'm not too worried about price. Shoot, the Abril Preludes set me back more than that. I love those three pieces.

Thank you again,

sean

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Aryeh, you are simply amazing! :shock:

Aryeh

Post by Aryeh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:58 am

Tarbaby wrote:Aryeh, you are simply amazing! :shock:
Why thank you so much Alan, much appreciated! :D :merci:

If I only knew how to make money nearly as well as I know how to tell people where to find guitar sheet music I'd be in much better shape! :lol:

Regards,

Aryeh

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am

Aryeh... you're good all right... now, for your next trick...

Argentinian guitarist Roberto Lara recorded a disc called "Argentina, Guitar of the Pampas." It's a collection of pieces either written or arranged by Abel Fleury. As far as I've been able to find, it's only available from the publisher's website in Buenos Aires, and I don't read or speak enough Spanish to figure it out. Any insights?

Thanks in advance!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Aryeh

Post by Aryeh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:21 am

oski79 wrote:Aryeh... you're good all right... now, for your next trick...

Argentinian guitarist Roberto Lara recorded a disc called "Argentina, Guitar of the Pampas." It's a collection of pieces either written or arranged by Abel Fleury. As far as I've been able to find, it's only available from the publisher's website in Buenos Aires, and I don't read or speak enough Spanish to figure it out. Any insights?

Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Just read your post again, do you want this Lara CD or the sheet music for it? The CD is available at a few places including the iTunes Music Store (downloads) lyrichord dot com (CD and downloads) and classicsonline dot com (downloads). if you want the sheet music see what I've written below-

Are you talking about the Ricordi Argentina site? (ricordi musica dot com dot ar) They have an English section and you can email them with questions. You're in luck though because I know what you're talking about, there are two volumes of Fleury's music edited by Roberto Lara. Most of the pieces on Lara's CD are in those two books. I saw them in Luthier Music in Manhattan a while ago. I just went to their website and they only have Vol.II in stock on their site inventory but if you call them they still might have a copy of Vol.1 as well.

Their website is:

Luthiermusic dot com

The owner Tony Acosta is a very nice guy and will be glad to help you. You can call them on the phone, their number is listed on the site.

Let me know how you do! :D

Aryeh

P.S. Here's the complete info of those books:

Fleury, Abel, Obras para guitarra. Revsion y digitacion: Roberto Lara.
Volumes I (4th edition) & II (3rd edition). Buenos Aires: Melos de Ricordi Americana S.A.E.C, 2002

OBRAS PARA GUITARRA - VOLUMEN 1
Revisor: Lara
Code: MEL 4007
Genre:
Contents: Ausencia - Vidalita - Tonada - A flor de llanto - La cimarrona - Chámame - Estilo pampeano - Pegando la vuelta - Te vas milonga - Milongueo del ayer - Pago largo - Real de guitarreros - Relato

OBRAS PARA GUITARRA - VOLUMEN 2
Revisor: Lara
Code: MEL 4008
Genre:
Contents: Cantar de mi pago - Guaymallen - Lejanía - Fortín kakel - Pájaros en el monte - El desvelao - De clavel en la oreja - Mudanzas - Trinos y alas - Sobretarde - El tostao - Dos canciones criollas - Cifra - Pico blanco
Last edited by Aryeh on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

toneslave

Post by toneslave » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 am

Uh, somehow I'm gonna start a business and Aryeh is going to be my partner...and I'm, ehem, we, are going to make tons of money.

Aryeh, do you make a living at anything remotely close to the music business...cause you should.

avoz

Post by avoz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:32 pm

oski, The LP in question (Lyrichord LLST 7253) was re-issued on CD under the same title: Roberto Lara (guitar) 'Argentina: Guitar of the Pampas' (Lyrichord LYRCD 7253) which I bought - can be played in the car - at 'budget' price after enjoying the LP for many years. I was alerted to the Lara disc by the recording of six pieces by Abel Fleury himself (he did compose them) on one side of the LP 'Guitarras en el Tiempo' (Odeon Serie Azul 4612); the other side is devoted to six pieces played by Atahualpa Yupanqui. If you like Fleury's music (who wouldn't?) look out also for the 'folkloric' music of Yupanqui, Eduardo Falu, Raul Maldonado and the currently famous Jorge Cardoso.

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks Aryeh, and you too, avoz--yes, it is the sheet music I'm looking for. I've had the disc for awhile now, and I never get tired of it!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Hyrtsi

Post by Hyrtsi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Wonderful! I really have to get the sheet music.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”