Music by Abel Fleury

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
llebron

Music by Abel Fleury

Post by llebron » Sat May 08, 2010 12:26 pm

I was recently listening to Carlos Martinez's recording of Abel Fleury music and was wondering if anyone new a place where I could purchase Able Fleury's sheet music. I am particularly interesed in "Te vas milonga" and "Milongueo del ayer".

thanks,
Luis R. Lebron

andi33x

Re: Music by Abel Fleury

Post by andi33x » Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Why not using an internet search? There seem to be many shops.
On the other side I searched for "Te vas milonga Fleury" and some minutes later I had both pdfs on my computer. Free, but therefore with a bad pdf quality.
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a guitar - maybe aside from that of two guitars (Frederic Chopin)

Aryeh

Post by Aryeh » Sat May 08, 2010 5:00 pm

llebron wrote:I was recently listening to Carlos Martinez's recording of Abel Fleury music and was wondering if anyone new a place where I could purchase Able Fleury's sheet music. I am particularly interesed in "Te vas milonga" and "Milongueo del ayer".

thanks,
You should get these 2 Fleury books edited by Roberto Lara. The two pieces you want are in Vol.1

I got these books at LuthierMusic dot com, you should email or call them and see if they still have them in stock. This edition is excellent.

P.S. Here's the complete info of those books:

Fleury, Abel, Obras para guitarra. Revsion y digitacion: Roberto Lara.
Volumes I (4th edition) & II (3rd edition). Buenos Aires: Melos de Ricordi Americana S.A.E.C, 2002

OBRAS PARA GUITARRA - VOLUMEN 1
Revisor: Lara
Code: MEL 4007
Genre:
Contents: Ausencia - Vidalita - Tonada - A flor de llanto - La cimarrona - Chámame - Estilo pampeano - Pegando la vuelta - Te vas milonga - Milongueo del ayer - Pago largo - Real de guitarreros - Relato

OBRAS PARA GUITARRA - VOLUMEN 2
Revisor: Lara
Code: MEL 4008
Genre:
Contents: Cantar de mi pago - Guaymallen - Lejanía - Fortín kakel - Pájaros en el monte - El desvelao - De clavel en la oreja - Mudanzas - Trinos y alas - Sobretarde - El tostao - Dos canciones criollas - Cifra - Pico blanco

llebron

Post by llebron » Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks Aryeh. I found Vol 2 on their site but they did not have Vol 1 which has the pieces I am interested in. I will keep looking.
Luis R. Lebron

Aryeh

Post by Aryeh » Sun May 09, 2010 12:27 am

llebron wrote:Thanks Aryeh. I found Vol 2 on their site but they did not have Vol 1 which has the pieces I am interested in. I will keep looking.
They still might have it in stock or might be getting it soon, give them a call, their phone number is on their site.

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Sun May 09, 2010 12:51 am

Fleury is one of those players whose music is inexplicably neglected. True, his music is less "classical" in concept and construction than Agustin Barrios or Antonio Lauro, but it is very nice stuff. There are a few recordings of his music available.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

llebron

Post by llebron » Sun May 09, 2010 1:31 am

David_Norton wrote:Fleury is one of those players whose music is inexplicably neglected. True, his music is less "classical" in concept and construction than Agustin Barrios or Antonio Lauro, but it is very nice stuff. There are a few recordings of his music available.
Carlos Martinez has two recordings of Fleury's music and one of Atahualpa Yupanquis' (another neglected composer) which are excellent. You can also find some of his videos on you tube.
Luis R. Lebron

tenstring

Post by tenstring » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm

I acquired the complete works of Abel Fleury, ed. By Roberto Lara. In reading the last variation of "Pago Largo" (variaciones sobre 'La Huella') I noticed an "A" in capital letters and in parentheses at the very beginning of the variation. In the one recording I've heard of this piece, by the Mexican guitarist Gerardo Tamez, he plays it with what sounds like nails going across the wound part of the basses for a subtle scraping effect.

Does anyone know 1) if this (A) could possibly stand for an alternative technique, such as the one I just described, or 2) whether Fleury, used this particular technique with any consistency in his playing?

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I haven't heard Carlos Martinez' recordings, but Roberto Lara's "Argentina: The Guitar of the Pampas," featuring Fleury's compositions, is one of my favorite discs. I believe pretty much all the pieces are in the two editions Aryeh referenced.
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

llebron

Post by llebron » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Carlos' recordings are excellent. He also has a few videos on you tube.
Luis R. Lebron

skipintro

Post by skipintro » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Fleury PDFs can be found by searching. I posted a link but it wasn't allowed.
He is recent discovery for me too and I have bought Robert Lara and Martinez CDs.
Beautiful - and for me an introduction to other Argentinian music, of which I knew little.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”