Rebay

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Jeremy

Rebay

Post by Jeremy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Does anyone know where I could get a hold of the scores for Rebay's guitar sonatas?
Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Jeremy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dng

Re: e - b a y

Post by dng » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 pm

anybody understand this request?

I don't.. as far as I know e - b a y is an e-commerce site...

:D
"Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.”
-Frederic Chopin

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Not a clue either.

But Mel Bay has a bunch of different sonata publications which are available widely.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 am

Sorry, that was Delcamp's auto-censor being ridiculous - I meant Ferdinand R e b a y.

Jeremiah Lawson

Re: R e b a y

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 am

Try here:

http://www.philomele-editions.com/modul ... Path=27802

Ferdinand R's work got rediscovered within the last seven to ten years and it may be that some of the works you're looking for aren't in print yet. I've heard/read that some of the significant chamber works were not even published in R's lifetime. There's at least one guitar sonata that looks like it's in print with this publisher. Hope this helps. I spent a whole week blogging about Ferdinand R's chamber music a week ago so your question came at a good time when I was already researching this stuff.

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:34 am

More specifically ...

http://www.philomele-editions.com/modul ... Path=27802

Customer review indicates this is the only solo guitar sonata that's currently in print.

I'd like to hear the solo sonatas but so far have only heard his chamber works for clarinet and guitar and for oboe and guitar. I'm getting to the quartets before too long, I hope.

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 am

Johann Gaitsch, who runs Philomele, has done some great research on this composer. I have several of the chamber works mentioned above, as well as three volumes of short guitar duets. The duets were published by Musikverlag V. Hladky, edited by Carl Dobrauz, copyright 1949. According to the preface, Reb ay composed over 600 pieces for or with guitar, as well as two operas, two oratories, one symphony, and a great many other large-scale works.

PS--can the moderators fix the filter so that we don't have to mangle this composer's name?
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:48 am

Jeremy wrote:Sorry, that was Delcamp's auto-censor being ridiculous - I meant Ferdinand R e b a y.
:shock:

:grire:

Yes, that is pretty ridiculous!

I'll ask if we can fix that somehow....
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Rebay

Post by GeoffB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Fixed.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Pedro Izq

Post by Pedro Izq » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Hello everybody,

I arrive a bit late to this topic but I think it might be interesting for you to know that Ediciones Eudora (Madrid, Spain) is published new editions including much solo and chamber music of Ferdinand Rebay (the solo guitar sonatas as well). For more information you can visit http://www.edicioneseudora.com/

Best regards!
Pedro
NoiZ guitar duo

bergmann

Post by bergmann » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 pm

As a follow up to this old thread, Bergmann Edition has just started a project where it is planned to publish almost half of Rebay's production for guitar. The original manuscripts are kept in primarily two places; The Austrian National Library and The Archive at Stift Heilengenkreuz Abbey. It is the manuscript held by the abbey, that Bergmann Edition has got the exclusive right to publish. By now 14 opuses has been published and new are added almost every week. Search for Bergmannedition + rebay project (or use the link http://store.bergmannedition.com/the-fe ... y-project/).

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”