Autumn Leaves

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Dave

Re: Autumn Leaves

Post by Dave » Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Cloth Ears wrote: I was inspired by the late Barney Kessel, whom I was lucky enough to sit just 3 feet away from at a small gig in 1990.
I love Barney Kessel, you were lucky! I missed out on seeing him live, at least there are videos...
Dave

hpaulj

Post by hpaulj » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:17 am

Dave wrote:Maybe try this:

http://www.nylonguitarist.com/autumn_leaves.html

I found it in about 10 seconds of searching. ;)
This David Boddington arrangement is a nice step up from the basic melody plus chords score. The melody is still quite audible, but there's enough ornamentation to challenge me (less than a year of playing).

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:11 am

I wrote an arrangement of Autumn Leaves, which I'm happy to share, if you send me a PM.

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Budhammil

Post by Budhammil » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Love the Yves site. Thanks so much for posting. My own arrangements tend to be too heavy with harmony. Chords too full.

oc chuck

Post by oc chuck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 am

Hyrtsi

Post by Hyrtsi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 am

I'm beginning to play this. Maybe make an own arrangement... :)

Cheers,
Hyrtsi

Cloth Ears

Post by Cloth Ears » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:06 pm

That is what jazz is all about Hyrtsi. I just used a chord sheet that I got at a jazz open mic, and went back the next week with my own arrangement of this classic. Haven't played it in a while, maybe time to play it again ;)

jyhenry

Post by jyhenry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am

Could anyone suggest a good arrangement for beginner and mid-level player? The versions people have suggested are mostly good, but would take a long time to be fluent. Tks!

Stephen Taylor

Post by Stephen Taylor » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:19 pm

jyhenry wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am
Could anyone suggest a good arrangement for beginner and mid-level player? The versions people have suggested are mostly good, but would take a long time to be fluent. Tks!
Hi Chih-hung,
The arrangement by David Boddington (suggested by Dave) looks like a very good version for you to consider. The tab/score is available for free if you follow Dave's link. If you hire a teacher, you should be able to get through this piece without too much difficulty. If you tackle it by yourself, you will recognize many familiar basic guitar chords / shapes used in many different songs. And lastly, you mention the time it will take to become proficient- that's the journey- enjoy it.
Stephen
Doesn't everybody want to play guitar?

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:33 pm

I have no idea why people refer to "Autumn Leaves" -and play it - as "jazz." This was not written as jazz, nor was it intended to be jazz. It is a romantic ballad, and a very beautiful one.

The lyrics are clearly for a romantic ballad, and the introduction, which for some inexplicable reason is rarely played, is itself as beautiful and lyrical as the rest of the song, and clearly sets the stage for a ballad, not jazz.

I cringe every time I hear this beautiful song played as jazz. Sure, you can jazz up any music, but that doesn't mean you should. You can play a jazzed up rendition of "Ave Maria," but it would sound as preposterous as does a jazzed up version of any romantic ballad.

Here is the whole song played as it should be. The introduction is abbreviated, but still speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrDlPLlosw

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

bert

Post by bert » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Me too. :wink: I have placed my arrangement on Youtube and my site

jyhenry

Post by jyhenry » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Tks for all the good advice. Sure to spend more time practicing.

Arash Ahmadi

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 pm

To send light into the darkness of men's heart, such is the duty of the artist. (Robert Schumann)

musikai

Post by musikai » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you for that!! This is definitely the world's best dressed Guitarist. :-) Also love his "What Is Classical Guitar, Really?" !!!
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 pm

I have issued a bench warrant for his arrest for murder in the first degree, and he will be locked up along with the other perpetrators for slaughtering this beautiful song.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”