Autumn Leaves

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Dave

Re: Autumn Leaves

Post by Dave » Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Cloth Ears wrote: I was inspired by the late Barney Kessel, whom I was lucky enough to sit just 3 feet away from at a small gig in 1990.
I love Barney Kessel, you were lucky! I missed out on seeing him live, at least there are videos...
Dave

hpaulj

Post by hpaulj » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:17 am

Dave wrote:Maybe try this:

http://www.nylonguitarist.com/autumn_leaves.html

I found it in about 10 seconds of searching. ;)
This David Boddington arrangement is a nice step up from the basic melody plus chords score. The melody is still quite audible, but there's enough ornamentation to challenge me (less than a year of playing).

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:11 am

I wrote an arrangement of Autumn Leaves, which I'm happy to share, if you send me a PM.

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Budhammil

Post by Budhammil » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Love the Yves site. Thanks so much for posting. My own arrangements tend to be too heavy with harmony. Chords too full.

oc chuck

Post by oc chuck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 am

Hyrtsi

Post by Hyrtsi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 am

I'm beginning to play this. Maybe make an own arrangement... :)

Cheers,
Hyrtsi

Cloth Ears

Post by Cloth Ears » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:06 pm

That is what jazz is all about Hyrtsi. I just used a chord sheet that I got at a jazz open mic, and went back the next week with my own arrangement of this classic. Haven't played it in a while, maybe time to play it again ;)

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”