Autumn Leaves

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
pmiklitz

Re: Autumn Leaves

Post by pmiklitz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Yvon wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:32 am
I don't want to hijack the thread, but in the same idea anybody have a good arrangement of MISTY?
Hi Yvon,

my arrangement is available for sale on Sheet Music Plus. Search for Peter Miklitz and you will find it. It's available in both standard notation only and standard notation plus TAB. There's a sound sample, too.

Best regards,

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 pm

pmiklitz wrote:my arrangement is available for sale on Sheet Music Plus
Hey Peter - how do you deal with copyright fees through that site? Do they take care of it for you?

khayes

Post by khayes » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Yvon wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:32 am
I don't want to hijack the thread, but in the same idea anybody have a good arrangement of MISTY?
Why don't you post this as a new topic? You might get more responses.
Ken

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 pm
pmiklitz wrote:my arrangement is available for sale on Sheet Music Plus
Hey Peter - how do you deal with copyright fees through that site? Do they take care of it for you?
Hey Mark,

yes, see here: https://smppress.*** Commercial link removed ***/

There's a list of over 1000 copyrighted titles, which you can arrange and get 20% commission. Public domain titles pay 40% commission. You don't get rich, but at least you get some money for your arrangements and others can enjoy them. I had arranged many of the titles on the list in the past, so all I had to do is tweak the fingerings a bit and upload them. I have also created TAB versions, which is a piece of cake with Musescore.

Cheers,

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:09 am

pmiklitz wrote: Hey Mark,
yes, see here ... Cheers,
Peter
Thanks very much for that Peter - unfortunately the link to the list was removed before I got a chance to read it ... ha ha.

EDIT: found the list anyway - thanks again for the info.

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:09 am
[Thanks very much for that Peter - unfortunately the link to the list was removed before I got a chance to read it ... ha ha.

EDIT: found the list anyway - thanks again for the info.
Sorry, Mark!

I didn't think the mods would remove the link because that wasn't actually the link to sales pages.

I'm glad to read that you found the SMP Press site anyway,

Peter

patspector

Post by patspector » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:33 pm
I have no idea why people refer to "Autumn Leaves" -and play it - as "jazz." This was not written as jazz, nor was it intended to be jazz. It is a romantic ballad, and a very beautiful one.
Here is the whole song played as it should be. The introduction is abbreviated, but still speaks for itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrDlPLlosw

Ramon
+1
Any idea Ramon how to get a hold of the score for this arrangement?

Pat

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:33 pm
I have no idea why people refer to "Autumn Leaves" -and play it - as "jazz." This was not written as jazz, nor was it intended to be jazz. It is a romantic ballad, and a very beautiful one.

The lyrics are clearly for a romantic ballad, and the introduction, which for some inexplicable reason is rarely played, is itself as beautiful and lyrical as the rest of the song, and clearly sets the stage for a ballad, not jazz.

I cringe every time I hear this beautiful song played as jazz. Sure, you can jazz up any music, but that doesn't mean you should. You can play a jazzed up rendition of "Ave Maria," but it would sound as preposterous as does a jazzed up version of any romantic ballad.
But surely that used to be the essence of jazz: a music without repertoire, that takes well known popular songs and uses them for its own purposes. There are jazz composers for sure, but an awful lot of the repertoire was not composed as jazz.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Cp40carl

Post by Cp40carl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am

As a jazz (and classical) player I feel duty bound to contribute to this line of discussion.

Songs such as Autumn Leaves and Misty and a great deal of other such compositions are used by jazz guitarists as a basis and vehicle for improvisation. The jazz guitarists ‘bible’ as such is the ‘fake book’ which contains a skeletal outline of the chords and melody for a large number of famous and classic songs.

The idea is for the jazz guitarist to create ‘in the moment’ and develop and play around with these strong melodic themes.

As such, most of them are certainly not written for jazz, they have merely been adopted by the jazz players as a basis for improvisation.

Hope that clarifies things a little...

Cp40carl

Post by Cp40carl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 am

As a jazz (and classical) player I feel duty bound to contribute to this line of discussion.

Songs such as Autumn Leaves and Misty and a great deal of other such compositions are used by jazz guitarists as a basis and vehicle for improvisation. The jazz guitarists ‘bible’ as such is the ‘fake book’ which contains a skeletal outline of the chords and melody for a large number of famous and classic songs.

The idea is for the jazz guitarist to create ‘in the moment’ and develop and play around with these strong melodic themes.

As such, most of them are certainly not written for jazz, they have merely been adopted by the jazz players as a basis for improvisation.

Cp40carl

Post by Cp40carl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 am

Cp40carl

Post by Cp40carl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 am

(Sorry - don’t know why this has posted three times!)

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”