Roberto Aussel´s Atahualpa Yupanqui

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Gaspere

Roberto Aussel´s Atahualpa Yupanqui

Post by Gaspere » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:12 am

Hi Folks.

A couple of years ago there was a discussion about this on Delcamp, inconclusive unfortunately. This is to follow up on that seach.

We are talking brand new, contemporary, inventive, living breathing classical music here. How often do you see that, and with such high melodic standard and accessible emotions? Aussel´s arrangements of Yupanqui should part of the standard repertoire. But where are the scores?

I´ve tried writing Don Roberto, but so far to no avail. There is a foundacion of Yupanqui in Argentina. Here a A. Zeballo has published 3 volumes of Yupanqui but only the guitar transcriptions - as far as I understand. The voice constitutes an important part of the melodies, and Aussel has it incorporated in the arrangements.

A hint from anyone please.
Last edited by Gaspere on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gaspere

Re: Roberto Aussel´s Atahualpa Yupanqui

Post by Gaspere » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am

Pragueguy

Post by Pragueguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 am

Sorry I don't have any hints, but I agree w you about Aussel's stupendous musicality.

Luthier62

Post by Luthier62 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 am

Hi there,
You can get Atahualpa Yupanqui's music from Casa Nuñez in Buenos Aires. (they don't sell them on line so you would have to contact them and ask)
There is also a book called Coleccion de Atahualpa Yupanqui (its in Japanese but the songs are written in Spanish)
Japonese Ed. Gendai guitar Co.
This book has the beautiful "Danza de la paloma enamorada"
it can be translated as "Dance of the dove that is in love" and represents the sounds of the drums(bombo) of the South American Indians and the nuptial dance of the doves. The difficulty of this piece is to play the constant rhythm on the D string and the melody at the same time and also the taping at the bridge and getting the sound of the strings by taping the strings against the frets.
The 6th string is tuned down to D and the 5th string is tuned down to G!
Roberto Aussel plays it, you can see it on You tube under "Estilo, Gato, Zamba" but the "Danza de la paloma enamorada" is only the Zamba part at the end of the video.

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 am

Hello Luthier62,

Welcome to Delcamp!

Thanks for sharing. Now that you've joined us, please introduce yourself here.   

On another note, it's always interesting to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location to your profile by going to your “User Control Panel” and clicking on the “Profile” tab.

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

unicornio

Post by unicornio » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Ive been searching for a guitarbook, lyrics, notation and for my basic note reading ability, tablature..
First heard Atahualpa's music played in Chiapas Mexico, late 1993, by a very humble musician.

So thought I would awaken this thread. Also to have a look at Roberto's music.

I have found a list of Atahualpa's music online, quite a few songs in tab etc http://m.lacuerda.net/itrans.php?t=ayup0054 for those interested in his music.

If I find more info, will get back and post it here.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”