looking for Latin

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
bert

Re: looking for Latin

Post by bert » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Guitar Grahame wrote:
bert wrote: - The Brazilian Masters, arr. Brian Hodel (I believe it's in print again)
The new print book does not mention Brian Hodel's name. Does anyone know why this is the case?
Neither did the old book, at least not on the cover.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:47 pm

The old book says "Guitar Arrangements by Brian Hodel" under the title on the first page, above the table of contents. Haven't seen the new book yet...
Dave

tnn

Post by tnn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:35 am

Guitar Grahame wrote:
Polifemo de Oro wrote: Jorge Cardoso wrote a nice Milonga, too, that is not too difficult and is a very nice piece. Farewell, by Sergio Assad, too, is very nice (sad!).
I'd be interested to know where can you get Jorge Cardoso - Milonga? Is it genuinely legally free? It's a beautiful piece of music!
If it's the one I'm thinking of (included in David Russell's CD Aire Latino), it's in Cardoso's 24 Piezas Sudamericanas, which is available from Guitarnotes (spanishguitar.com) in the UK and Strings by Mail in the US.

Rob

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Youtube

I received this score yesterday. Very well made with correct fingerings and all you need. This is a beautiful piece and also on a rather accessible level. My congratulations Andrey for this very nice and original transcription! If you look for something unique I can only recommend you this piece of music. You can order the score from Andrey Shilov, forum member Pajarillo.
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=89668

Guitar Grahame

Post by Guitar Grahame » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

tnn wrote:
Guitar Grahame wrote:
Polifemo de Oro wrote: Jorge Cardoso wrote a nice Milonga, too, that is not too difficult and is a very nice piece. Farewell, by Sergio Assad, too, is very nice (sad!).
I'd be interested to know where can you get Jorge Cardoso - Milonga? Is it genuinely legally free? It's a beautiful piece of music!
If it's the one I'm thinking of (included in David Russell's CD Aire Latino), it's in Cardoso's 24 Piezas Sudamericanas, which is available from Guitarnotes (spanishguitar.com) in the UK and Strings by Mail in the US.

Rob
Thanks Rob - I've been wanting to track that one down for a while. I expect that the other 23 Piezas are also going to be interesting.
GG

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Como Llora Una Estrella - Antonio Carrillo - the arrangement of Alirio Diaz

You can find it as a PDF on line. This is a very nice piece, but it is not really easy and a bit of work, but well worth the effort.

bert

Post by bert » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Guitar Grahame wrote:I expect that the other 23 Piezas are also going to be interesting.

They are, but the milonga is among the easier ones.

Paul5

Post by Paul5 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 am

Hi
I found this website with lots of arrangements of tango pieces.
https://luismariasoria.wordpress.com/
Cheers
Paul

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 am

Hi All,

I have arranged quite a few Bossa Nova Standards myself, mainly by Antonio Carlos Jobim, but also e.g. Manha de Carnaval by Luiz Bonfa.

If you send me a PM, I'm happy to send you a piece, so you can see whether you like them. They are not easy, but sound like Bossa Nova.

Cheers,

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Peskyendeavour

Post by Peskyendeavour » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 am

This is a treasured threat, just discovered.
Thank you.
Love Latin and shall endeavour to play some now - though Jorge will be disappointed with my lack of progress with learning Sor together! :D

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”