Name that Tune

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
ashepps

Name that Tune

Post by ashepps » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:09 am

This should be easy challenge to identify a my recording of a tune so I can get the sheet music!

AT SOUNDCLOUD - The Tune can be found at SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/alan-13/422-seconds

I do apologize to our kind :) moderator Geoff for letting this thread)s) continue! So, the above link will give you the file if you want to follow the full trail you can follow the journey with the link below!

This is a good link, some did not want to click on it. But it is a legitimate site.
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=95969

It will take you to a link on our forum, click on the 4th line down and listen for about 30 seconds. I have lost the piece completely, except of this part recording. Thank You very much for any help you can give me!

Alan Sheppard
Last edited by ashepps on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alan Sheppard
1986 630mm Asturias JM-15 Spruce
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R
2015 650mm Yamaha SLG110N

MAK

Re: Name that Tune

Post by MAK » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:51 am

I'm really surprised that no one recognizes the music. I haven't played long enough to recognize it. I sent it to my guitar teacher, but have not heard back.

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:29 am

MAK wrote:I'm really surprised that no one recognizes the music. I haven't played long enough to recognize it. I sent it to my guitar teacher, but have not heard back.
Thanks for the effort, It seems like a piece that many would like to have!

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:38 am

ashepps wrote:
MAK wrote:
I'm really surprised that no one recognizes the music. I haven't played long enough to recognize it. I sent it to my guitar teacher, but have not heard back.
BTW, I have been sending emails tonight to all the guitarists I know and some Canadian Guitar Societies, we have none in Nova Scotia which surprises me.

I am going to keep trying and if anyone else can pass this along as MAK has done it will be greatly appreciated. It is a piece I had from not long after taking up classical guitar and as always it seems the thing you can't find you want the most!

Please help if you can!

https://app.box.com/s/322fbgl70f6voqjmb4kvm7jswu63a677

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

OldPotter

Post by OldPotter » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:01 am

You could always try Musipedia, you would have to input the notes or playback onto the site.... I have tried without any success. Its not easy to remember the melody and click onto a virtual piano, in time.
I have heard of smart phone apps that will also recognise a tune, don't know anything about them myself????
"When I was younger, I could remember almost everything, whether it happened or not." Mark Twain

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 pm

OldPotter wrote:You could always try Musipedia, you would have to input the notes or playback onto the site.... I have tried without any success. Its not easy to remember the melody and click onto a virtual piano, in time.
I have heard of smart phone apps that will also recognise a tune, don't know anything about them myself????
Thanks for trying OldPotter, I have tried too. I have put the file on a small tape recorder and will try again and let you know if I can do it. I have been told that the iPhone and such have to have a fingerprint already in order to recognize it. Makes sense, but I don't know...

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 am

I think some of us may be reluctant to click on what looks like a suspicious link. Maybe you'll have more luck if you can post this some other way?
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:32 am

smwink wrote:I think some of us may be reluctant to click on what looks like a suspicious link. Maybe you'll have more luck if you can post this some other way?
the link is ok. it just takes you to box.com, where there is a media player to play the mp3 file. or you can download the mp3 file.

but if you want to hear it here, embedded, go to this link:
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=95969

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 am

smwink wrote:I think some of us may be reluctant to click on what looks like a suspicious link. Maybe you'll have more luck if you can post this some other way?
--I have been told that as I have tried to contact EVERYONE, Geoff was suggesting I post on YouTube. I have registered at Box.com, but I am being questioned on this site as well. I will have to learn how to do get it on YouTube and in the meantime I have just signed up at SoundCloud, that should not scare anyone off.
--However, I must be wearing out my welcome here on our forum with my want for a long lost piece! I like the sound of it though.

It reminds me of the Sounds of Bells by Jao Guimaraes, fingered by Sophocles Papas. This is a real zesty piece for those that have never played / learned it and not too complicated. It is in drop D and a great piece. Try and purchase this piece though as I like the arrangement. But, I think it was in a book!

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 am

Didn't mean to hijack your query, just posting my personal concerns. My issue with generic file-sharing services like dropbox, box, etc. is that there is just no way of knowing what's at the other end of that link until you click it. That can be very bad.

I did give it a listen by securing things properly in a VM, but I'm afraid I don't recognize the piece.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:14 am

ashepps wrote:It reminds me of the Sounds of Bells by Jao Guimaraes, fingered by Sophocles Papas. This is a real zesty piece for those that have never played / learned it and not too complicated. It is in drop D and a great piece. Try and purchase this piece though as I like the arrangement. But, I think it was in a book!
This piece is in the Delcamp collection D05, viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7402. Look for Sons de Carrilhoes by João Pernambuco (I think his given name was João Teixeira Guimarães but he is generally known as Pernambuco).
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:58 pm

smwink wrote:Didn't mean to hijack your query, just posting my personal concerns. My issue with generic file-sharing services like dropbox, box, etc. is that there is just no way of knowing what's at the other end of that link until you click it. That can be very bad.

I did give it a listen by securing things properly in a VM, but I'm afraid I don't recognize the piece.
No problem!

I was aware of other versions of Sound of Bells, but they are all similar - perhaps "variations on a theme" if that is the correct terminology.

I just like my version the best, first learned tends to be the favorite!

I have SoundCloud up and running - Anyone now can try - https://soundcloud.com/alan-13/422-seconds

Regards,

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Just to bring this piece back up to the front, there has been a lot of new people and those that may have missed the initial post.

AT SOUNDCLOUD - The Tune can be found at SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/alan-13/422-seconds

Thanks a lot guy!

Merry Christmas

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

MAK

Post by MAK » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:31 pm

It has been a long time coming, but I believe I know what you were playing so many years ago. It is a minuet by Jean-Phillippe Rameau. It happens to be one of the pieces on a CD from a friend. It has no composers mentioned on the CD, but I was able to find the piece on line. I'll send you the link by private email.

The Minuet says "(unspecified)".

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm

MAK wrote:It has been a long time coming, but I believe I know what you were playing so many years ago. It is a minuet by Jean-Phillippe Rameau. It happens to be one of the pieces on a CD from a friend. It has no composers mentioned on the CD, but I was able to find the piece on line. I'll send you the link by private email. The Minuet says "(unspecified)".
MAC,

Re Thread - "Name that Tune" URL https://soundcloud.com/alan-13/42-seconds

I was looking at this old post and see that you were going to send a pm with the information on this piece.

Did you ever send that? I have no record of a pm, but this was a year ago. I still have not come across the piece.

Cheers,

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”