Looking for Mario Parodi's 'Doctor Gradus et Parnassum'

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
redge

Looking for Mario Parodi's 'Doctor Gradus et Parnassum'

Post by redge » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:43 pm

I recently came across his daughter Silvia's recording of this piece and would really like to give it a try

I'm also really keen to get hold of his transcription of Chopin's Valse in Em

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Dave the Great

Re: Looking for Mario Parodi's 'Doctor Gradus et Parnassum'

Post by Dave the Great » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:01 am

You might try Carlos Barbosa-Lima's version in 'Impressions' or you could pm Vlad Kosulin and ask him for an old soviet score he has.

tnn

Post by tnn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Parodi's transcriptions of Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum, La fille aux cheveux de lin, and The Little Shepherd were published in 1955 by Ricordi Americana. I haven't found it available for purchase, but worldcat.org shows it available at several libraries in the US and Canada. If you google '3 composiciones parodi ricordi debussy', the first two hits should assist you. Some of the list entries have an 'Ask a librarian' link you can use to contact the library. Perhaps one of them would be willing to make a copy of the piece you want to study and either send it to you or scan it and email it to you.

If you google '3 composiciones parodi ricordi chopin', you'll find that edition is available from a couple of sources. It contains a waltz, op. 69, no.2, whose original version is in B minor, so that may not be what you're looking for. You can view the piano sheet music at http://imslp.org to find out. I didn't find any other Chopin transcriptions by Parodi.

I second Dave's suggestion to check out Barbosa-Lima's Impressions.

Rob

redge

Post by redge » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

Thanks guys really appreciate the pointers. I actually managed to acquire his daughters email so I will ask her as well!

redge

Post by redge » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:26 pm

After great lengths I have managed to find the sheets for all three of Mario's Debussy transcriptions :)

solomillo

Post by solomillo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello Everybody!

I'm looking for "Dotor Gradus" sheets, ¿Does someone have this precious transcription by Mario?
Or Does someone know how to find it?
Redge did you finally get the transcription of Chopin's E minor Waltz?

Any help will be more than welcome :)

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”