Ian Creighton

Teachers introduce their students.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, FLV et AVI, Author’s rights
XIV BBCode for embedding a YouTube video in your message

In addition to the regular forum rules, teachers who post videos of their minor-age students must have received the permission of the student's parent(s). In certain countries such as France, Germany and Portugal, there are also "rights to images".
chipininit

Re: Ian Creighton

Post by chipininit » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

:D

sounds nice!!!
ciao,
chip

Murdick

Post by Murdick » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Very musical performance and his left hand is in fine shape. Not to critcize, but how do you feel about his right hand? Some teachers believe, and I am one of them, that all major problems with the right hand should be ironed out before a student gets too far along. What do you think of this?

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Murdick wrote:Very musical performance and his left hand is in fine shape. Not to critcize, but how do you feel about his right hand? Some teachers believe, and I am one of them, that all major problems with the right hand should be ironed out before a student gets too far along. What do you think of this?
Glad you enjoyed it.

Ian is a very good student and is quite new to Classical playing, his first study (which he is currently working towards a degree in) is in the study of popular music with the instrument being of course Classical Guitar.

His studies in Classical guitar are extra work he does on the side to advance his musicianship and knowledge of the guitar. He is a very good slectric guitarist and has a very instinctive natural feel for pop and rock music.

His work on adapting his current and very honed (pick based) right hand technique to Classical has been very careful and he is making excellent progress, but like all skills once you have learned something a particular way it takes a long time to get rid of old habits. As Ian is currently immersed in electric guitar I of course am not pushing him to hard on one very specific area but instead allowing him to eplore some of the repertoire and enjoy the Classical Guitar in his spare time.

He has of course been made fully aware of and very carefully shown how an economical and correctly balanced right hand technique should best work and be applied. He is the kind of student who is always attempting to absorb and put into practice the most sensible and straightforward of teachings, and he will over time, I am sure, develop a very expressive, balanced and relaxed right hand technique.

Matthew

padraig

Post by padraig » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Matthew I watched all your students performances with respectful interest and satisfaction. A few thoughts came to mind. Your own drive/passion and desire to instil/Inspire CG into so many of today’s youth within your own locality.
The courage of the youth in performing on youtube.,and amongst peers.
I sincerely wish you and all your students all the very best in pursuit of musical excellence.

Quote Dale Carnegie.
“There is only one way… to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.”

Return to “My students' concerts”