GFA Youth Showcase

Teachers introduce their students.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, FLV et AVI, Author’s rights
XIV BBCode for embedding a YouTube video in your message

In addition to the regular forum rules, teachers who post videos of their minor-age students must have received the permission of the student's parent(s). In certain countries such as France, Germany and Portugal, there are also "rights to images".
AndreaCannon
Teacher

GFA Youth Showcase

Post by AndreaCannon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:19 am

Hi,

This student group was selected to perform in the prestigious Youth Showcase at the last GFA Convention in Ithaca, New York.

As their teacher, I was very proud of their performance and also very happy that it has heightened their enthusiasm for classical guitar.

This video is a piece for guitar trio by Texas guitarist and composer Eddie Healy. Eddie teaches at UT/Dallas and at Eastfield College. He gave us permission to post this performance: The students are 12, 15 & 13yrs old

Youtube

Here are two additional videos which feature the quartet if you would like to check them out also:

Rumba (Stepan Rak)
[ after YouTube.com, paste this code into your browser: watch?v=mDQpUMJZcKw ]

Take the A Train (Ellington / Strayhorn)
[ after YouTube.com, paste this code into your browser: watch?v=zqs2nRSMD-w ]

Thanks for watching!
Andrea
Last edited by AndreaCannon on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==========================
Andrea Cannon, NCTM
Adjunct Professor of Guitar at Lone Star College
MTNA-Nationally Certified Teacher of Music
Suzuki Method Guitar Teacher-Trainer

jas

Re: GFA Youth Showcase

Post by jas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 pm

That was great, what tallent those young people showed. Thank you for sharing.
jas

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:17 am

Congratulations, Andrea.
You have done an amazing job with your students. I know that you must be very proud of them and you should be.
It is so rewarding when you see your students succeed and enjoy learning and performing.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Andrea,

You must be delighted with the way your students are developing! I'm sure being a music teacher is a real challenge, but what a gift you offer when students are prepared to work hard at their art,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Murdick

Post by Murdick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Very nice Andrea. I went to school in the the DC area may years ago. I bet we know a lot of the same people. Your students appear to have been well-trained and actully know how to hold the guitar - something rare in student performances. Well done!! And you'r a jazzer. Take a look at my free straight rhythm guitar videos on youtube; do a search for: murdick rhythm guitar. Although crude, they are still useful.

Kent

AndreaCannon
Teacher

Post by AndreaCannon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 am

Hey, Kent

I have looked at your straight rhythm vids on you tube. What a good idea. very fundamental stuff. Thanks for posting and for giving me the tip to share.
==========================
Andrea Cannon, NCTM
Adjunct Professor of Guitar at Lone Star College
MTNA-Nationally Certified Teacher of Music
Suzuki Method Guitar Teacher-Trainer

Return to “My students' concerts”