1st Guitar Duet with my son

Teachers introduce their students.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, FLV et AVI, Author’s rights
XIV BBCode for embedding a YouTube video in your message

In addition to the regular forum rules, teachers who post videos of their minor-age students must have received the permission of the student's parent(s). In certain countries such as France, Germany and Portugal, there are also "rights to images".
Perfecto De Castro
Concert performers

1st Guitar Duet with my son

Post by Perfecto De Castro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:53 am

Nothing earth-shattering, just sharing a proud Dad moment with y'all! :D

http://www.acousticguitarcommunity.com/ ... ith-my-son
"Brother, your fingers are your tools but your instrument is your heart"

wchymeUS

Re: 1st Guitar Duet with my son

Post by wchymeUS » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 am

Way to go Man, way to go! :bravo:

There's nothing more rewarding than these moments with our kids. I wish you many many years of duets with your son!

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:59 am

Great. I agree with wchymeUS. Be proud and treasure these moments.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

DanielMcPherson

Post by DanielMcPherson » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Excellent! How old is he? My son is four and likes to sit beside me and hold a ukulele or mandolin while I play, but he won't yet let me show him how to actually play anything.

Perfecto De Castro
Concert performers

Post by Perfecto De Castro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks, guys! :D
DanielMcPherson wrote:Excellent! How old is he? My son is four and likes to sit beside me and hold a ukulele or mandolin while I play, but he won't yet let me show him how to actually play anything.
He just turned 10.

As a teacher I generally don't accept students younger than 8yo, though I do have a couple of young ones (6 and 7yo) but they are exceptionally driven. It's better to get your child into early Music class or piano lessons at that age so he starts learning the rudiments of music which will be handy later on should he decide to pick up the guitar.

However, it sounds like your son's interest in the instrument is growing based on your post. Just keep at it and he'll let you know when he's ready to pick up a few lessons from dad ;)

I remember sitting my kids (they were babies then) on my knee (one at a time, of course :lol: ) while I played guitar. They'd be messing around with the strings and the neck while I played and I think it reinforces the feel of the instrument while having them close to you. I got this from Pepe Romero's recollection of his own childhood, where his father did the same thing to all his sons.
"Brother, your fingers are your tools but your instrument is your heart"

Return to “My students' concerts”