Summers, Dulcea - My Magic Moment (guitarlele)

Teachers introduce their students.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, FLV et AVI, Author’s rights
XIV BBCode for embedding a YouTube video in your message

In addition to the regular forum rules, teachers who post videos of their minor-age students must have received the permission of the student's parent(s). In certain countries such as France, Germany and Portugal, there are also "rights to images".
remmus

Summers, Dulcea - My Magic Moment (guitarlele)

Post by remmus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

My 10 year old wrote this short piece as her entry into a music competition held at her elementary school. She won 1st prize and moved onto the State level, but no further. I recently found the recording and decided to upload it. This is her instrumental version, and she wrote the melody and played it on her guitarlele. She also has a version where she's playing and singing at the same time which I might upload later too. I notated it somewhere but can't find the PDF anywhere.....I think it was on my old computer that crashed a while back. I might re-notate it and upload it to "Our Scores" section later on. Of course I think she did a wonderful job......what mother wouldn't, right???!!

It's called, "My Magic Moment", which was the theme for the competition. It's about Christmas morning, it's snowing, and when she goes downstairs she finds the perfect bicycle Santa left for her under the Christmas tree. Pretty magical moment for a kid I'd say! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by remmus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Erik Zurcher

Re: Summers, Dulcea - My Magic Moment (guitarlele)

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Lovely, remmus! It sounds very oriental to me. Give Dulcea my compliments and tell her that there is guy on the other side of the world who likes her music.! :bravo: :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:05 pm

This is remarkable, Remmus! :shock:

It's not completely clear if she is playing it or you. If it is she, that's even MORE amazing!

In any case, a great big :bravo: from me!

Alan

ps. I listened to this about an hour ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Thanks a heap, Dulcia! :mrgreen:

Duang Turongratanachai
Student of the online lessons

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 pm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
nok

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Tarbaby wrote:This is remarkable, Remmus! :shock:

It's not completely clear if she is playing it or you. If it is she, that's even MORE amazing!

In any case, a great big :bravo: from me!

Alan

ps. I listened to this about an hour ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Thanks a heap, Dulcia! :mrgreen:

It's Dulcie playing, not me. She also played a couple of pieces in her school's talent show that I video taped and will try to upload. She did a KILLER Malaguena. Unfortunately, the sound set-up was not ideal but let me see what I can do. I'm awfully proud of that kid! :D
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 am

Fine playing and an original evocative composition too! :bravo:

I bought a guitarlele for a friend so had the chance to experiment a little on it. It has it own special personality, neither guitar nor uke; it leads us in slightly different directions

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:59 am

Kudos to Dulcea. We have a composer amongst us. Nice performance too.

:bravo:
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

A 10 yr old performing a work they composed that conveys real beauty... how great to hear. I'm listening now and thinking of my own childhood memories of a bike on Christmas morning. The vibe of the piece fits that feeling well. My bike was a gold Columbia 3-speed.

Return to “My students' concerts”