El Condor Pasa (Students of musical course)

Teachers introduce their students.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, FLV et AVI, Author’s rights
XIV BBCode for embedding a YouTube video in your message

In addition to the regular forum rules, teachers who post videos of their minor-age students must have received the permission of the student's parent(s). In certain countries such as France, Germany and Portugal, there are also "rights to images".
Giuseppe Torrisi
Composer

El Condor Pasa (Students of musical course)

Post by Giuseppe Torrisi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 am

My students of the musical course perform my arrangement of a traditional Peruvian song with the flutists of the same course of Prof. Lina Passeri.

Youtube

JohnPierce

Re: El Condor Pasa (Students of musical course)

Post by JohnPierce » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:17 pm

They do a very nice job on this; you can be very proud of them.

I note that both your note and the text at the opening of the video says that the song is "traditional" and it's not attributed to a composer.

While it was based on (apparently several) Peruvian folk tunes, El Cóndor Pasa was composed by Daniel Alomía Robles in 1913 for a zarzuela of the same name, and he copyrighted it in the US in 1933. These facts were established in 1970 when Alomia Robles' son successfully sued Simon and Garfunkel for copyright violation. It was also established that the copyright violation was inadvertent: Paul Simon had been misinformed as to the song's origin by the people he first heard play it.

herb

Post by herb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Giuseppe Torrisi wrote:My students of the musical course perform my arrangement of a traditional Peruvian song with the flutists of the same course of Prof. Lina Passeri.....
I like your arrangement, Giuseppe, especially the way the melody & harmony parts pass back and forth between the guitars and flutes. Nice balance of voices and timbres!
Herb

Giuseppe Torrisi
Composer

Post by Giuseppe Torrisi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:36 pm

jwp wrote:They do a very nice job on this; you can be very proud of them.

I note that both your note and the text at the opening of the video says that the song is "traditional" and it's not attributed to a composer.

While it was based on (apparently several) Peruvian folk tunes, El Cóndor Pasa was composed by Daniel Alomía Robles in 1913 for a zarzuela of the same name, and he copyrighted it in the US in 1933. These facts were established in 1970 when Alomia Robles' son successfully sued Simon and Garfunkel for copyright violation. It was also established that the copyright violation was inadvertent: Paul Simon had been misinformed as to the song's origin by the people he first heard play it.
Thank you very much! Thanks also for your note about the real origin of this song! :D :merci:

Giuseppe Torrisi
Composer

Post by Giuseppe Torrisi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

herb wrote:
Giuseppe Torrisi wrote:My students of the musical course perform my arrangement of a traditional Peruvian song with the flutists of the same course of Prof. Lina Passeri.....
I like your arrangement, Giuseppe, especially the way the melody & harmony parts pass back and forth between the guitars and flutes. Nice balance of voices and timbres!
Herb
Thanks a lot, Herb! :D :merci:

keunings

Post by keunings » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 am

This is lovely, Giuseppe! :bravo: to you and to your students! Cheers -- Roland

Giuseppe Torrisi
Composer

Post by Giuseppe Torrisi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:03 am

keunings wrote:This is lovely, Giuseppe! :bravo: to you and to your students! Cheers -- Roland
Thank you very much dear friend! See you soon! :D :merci:
Giuseppe

Return to “My students' concerts”