Recommend a guitar chair ?

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
quavers

Re: Recommend a guitar chair ?

Post by quavers » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:41 am

I recommend and also use a drummer's throne (throne, really?). In any event, it is very adjustable, the seat resembles a bicycle seat, and it has a low back that provides excellent lumbar support. I have also taken to using a support frame. Most aches and pains that I previously experienced have disappeared. Before changing out my chair and ditching my footstool, I would experience small aches and pains within about ten minutes of playing, now I can go an hour or two. I have to remind myself to get up and walk around after about an hour.

TsarL

Post by TsarL » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:05 pm

petermc61 wrote:I just ordered an Original Guitar Chair. I will push my thoughts in a few weeks (2 weeks waiting time then 7-10 days for postal delivery).
Hello!
Have you received your Guitar Chair yet? I would be interested - and probably not just me - to hear what you think of it.
Best regards,

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 pm

TsarL wrote:
petermc61 wrote:I just ordered an Original Guitar Chair. I will push my thoughts in a few weeks (2 weeks waiting time then 7-10 days for postal delivery).
Hello!
Have you received your Guitar Chair yet? I would be interested - and probably not just me - to hear what you think of it.
Best regards,
Yes, I have. Truly excellent both ergonomically and aesthetically. Highly recommended.

TsarL

Post by TsarL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:31 am

Thank you for the feedback! Great.

Lyrebird

Post by Lyrebird » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:39 am

The drummers throne is terrific. I bought one after reading Oski's post. It adjusts to your height, swivels and is very comfortable. In my experience it has been perfect for a bony bottom. :D

italian_job

Post by italian_job » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:30 pm

ADJUSTRITE Musician's Chair, the they arent exactly cheap but they're fantastic.
I think it's more of a cello chair, but that's what makes it so comfy. It's completely adjustable, you can get the seat to gently slope forward for the best sitting position.
That's how I set it :)

spinality

Post by spinality » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 am

I use a Roc-n-Soc throne at home. When performing at restaurants and similar venues, where I need an elevated position, I use the K&M 14047B, which is an excellent adjustable stool. On both of these, I use the back support. I have significant back problems, so the quality and adjustability of the back support was critical. I also use an inexpensive Ikea "Franklin" stool as a backup; on that, I had to add cushions to the seat and back to allow me to play my long jobs (often 4+ hours). The K&M is my main seat -- I've been using this same one happily for over five years. It's built like a tank, very stable, quite comfortable. Note that due to my back issues I use a Dynarette cushion and a low footstool on the elevated thrones, a Dynarette and no footstool on the Roc-n-soc at home.

Thanks to the comments about the Adjustrite chair. I haven't noticed this product before and it looks useful. It doesn't have the range of heights that I need for public use, but it definitely has some nice advantages.

Nick Clow

Post by Nick Clow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 am

Original guitar chair for sale (Australia on Guitar accessories board:

http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 9&t=113380
formerly Edward Frillypants

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”