Adapting to Dynarette (with difficulty)

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Justfun

Re: Adapting to Dynarette (with difficulty)

Post by Justfun » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi Jorge,

The main reason I ordered one is because I think the angle on my right hand was suffering due to Dynarette not able to provide a higher position. And anything that Peter uses I will follow : )

fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 am

petermc61 wrote:Gary, simple: de Oro support. Economical, adjustable, stable. End of search.
I got the De Oro Support. it blows the Dynarette.

:merci:
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 am

Justfun wrote:
petermc61 wrote:Gary, simple: de Oro support. Economical, adjustable, stable. End of search.
I got the De Oro Support. it blows the Dynarette.

:merci:
Glad you liked it Fred.

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Received today my de Oro guitar support and applied it to one of my guitars. The adjustment to my preferred playing position is easy enough (one just have to look at the pictures in the card that comes with it). It has one immediate advantage when compared to the ErgoPlay Troster, it doesn't slip down my trousers... :)
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Great Jorge
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

BellyDoc

Post by BellyDoc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 am

Greetings. I'm new to the forum and immediately gravitated toward this thread. The first time I found this forum was when I went looking for opinions on guitar supports and there are many! I have to preface any comments by saying that I'm a beginner, but a zealous one. I practice a lot right now, and I can feel the effects of it on hips and back when I get up. It was causing me some asymmetric strains that I started to notice while at work, standing up, and I do tend to get some low back discomfort if I'm not mindful of my posture, so I decided to experiment with supports.

I tried a number of supports including the cushion and often felt like they moved the guitar away from the spot I expected to hold it, maybe not much but I noticed. If I had gone with the cushion, I would have ended up modifying it.

I ended up liking the Tenuto rest, which is a kickstand type like Gitano and others. I do have a very level guitar seat, which is a keyboard bench and I agree that level thighs help a lot. I've played on other seats and had to readjust for thigh slide.

I have this idea for throwing a rare earth magnet in my pocket and pinning another onto the guitar support strap material where it sits on my thigh to see if that gives it enough *stick* to fix it in place. This is one of the modifications I would have considered for the cushion as well. However, with a level seating posture it's not a priority.

I do think the support has allowed me to go for much longer practice sessions without a tendency to have one-sided back and hip stiffness.

The soreness is now much more uniform and symmetric! ;)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." -Sir Isaac Newton

Armin Hanika 56PF

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:29 am

IMG-20170122-WA0001.jpg
So Good!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Nimo956

Post by Nimo956 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:42 am

I have the dynarette, ergoplay, gitano and a footstool. I can't use the footstool for too long without getting pain in my lower back. I tried the ergoplay for awhile, but the suction cups don't stick to guitars with French polish. Thus I settled on the dynarette. I do wish it allowed me to hold the guitar at a bit more of an angle, but I've gotten used to it. I put a piece of sticky material you use at the bottom of kitchen drawers underneath and it stays in place.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:33 pm

I got a Dynarette. Only the smaller size was available in Helsinki, so that's the one i picked. I had read some suggestions about using the smaller Dynarette with a footstool adjusted to the smallest height possible. I did this and I'm quite happy with the result. I've noticed that Dynarette works better with some trousers, while with some others it may be a bit slippery or hard to set to the best possile position. As I now use the footstool with minimum height, I no longer seem to have back problems.

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Luuttuaja wrote:I got a Dynarette. ... I'm quite happy with the result. ... I no longer seem to have back problems.
Excellent.
"The greatest strength is gentleness." - Native American proverb

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”