Murata

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Laudiesdad69

Murata

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Has anyone here used a Mirata guitar support? No suction cups and no magnates. Just don't over tighten it, right? Any finish damage with nitro lacquer? His one looks like the best of the 3 worlds to me. What are your experiences with this support, and what length rod would a 6 foot two guy need for this rig?

Emil Krasich

Re: Murata

Post by Emil Krasich » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:27 pm

I used a Murata for about 2 years before being converted to the Barnett support. I did like it, and I never had any damage to the French polished guitar that I was using it on. Certainly only tighten it enough to where it stays on securely. I'd imagine that lacquer will hold up just fine. For the length of the rod, it depends on what sort of angle you like to play at. I'd recommend getting a few different length poles to see what you like. I used the 5 and 7/8th " pole on it at a 5' 11" height.

pima1234

Post by pima1234 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:12 am

The Barnett is great. Not quite high enough for me, but I still have it.

I have kept one Murata, and use the Oasis Grip Strip to help stabilize, since my legs perpetually slope downward.
What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 am

People who use suction cup style supports will put a clear layer of something down on their guitars to protect them from scuffing. I wonder if this would work for the Murata?
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:51 am

I've seen the rubber parts on the nurata clamp. Looks like they touch the top, back, and sides of the guitar. I wonder if a clear layer is even feasible for the top and back?

keithwwk

Post by keithwwk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:28 am

My murata still with me. Very insecure and dangerous if you put a layer between the clamp and contact point to guitar. I tried. Unless the additional layer is glued on guitar.
Antonio Picado Model 60 Spruce 2017
M.Sakurai No.5 Cedar 1976
Yamaha G225

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:38 am

Yes, I emailed strings by mail, and they discouraged the idea of putting Kling-on or anything like it between the clamp and the guitar.

However I've been using a Murata now for several days on my French polished spruce top guitar, and have no scuffs to show. I'm really liking this support! I get a slightly higher angle that's more solid than just using a foot rest. The first position portion of the neck is slightly further away from my left shoulder, and the upper positions are closer. I'm quickly adjusting and like this. Also the Murata allows some forward and backward motion of the guitar that feels natural. I went back to my foot stool and already it felt strange.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

keithwwk

Post by keithwwk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 am

If you experiencing murata base slippery from lap issue, you can paste two big rubber 3M dampper (grayish color) underneat the base. Very effective. That will not damage the red layer underneat. No worry.
Antonio Picado Model 60 Spruce 2017
M.Sakurai No.5 Cedar 1976
Yamaha G225

pima1234

Post by pima1234 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 am

Wonderful suggestion! Thank you for posting.

It took some work to cement part of an Oasis Grip Strip onto mine.

Your solution is much better.
keithwwk wrote:If you experiencing murata base slippery from lap issue, you can paste two big rubber 3M dampper (grayish color) underneat the base. Very effective. That will not damage the red layer underneat. No worry.
What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”