The "GuitarLift" - FANTASTIC new support device!

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
petermc61

Re: The "GuitarLift" - FANTASTIC new support device!

Post by petermc61 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 am

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:Peter which size do you have? I'm 5'9'' with a typical build, I guess. Legs are maybe a bit short. The half above looks less bulky than the larger sizes. I hold my guitar at a 'standard' angle but I don't like the guitar high up on my chest.
Jeffrey

I am 5'10" and I bought the full sized unit. The guitar tends to sit a little higher on my chest than if I use the de Oro. I quite like that actually once you get used to it. I find the left hand position a little more natural.

Having said that, I suspect if I were to buy again I'd buy the medium, or maybe one of each and compare them.

Rgards
Peter

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Any updates from those using the GuitarLift on their experience and preferences compared to other supports?

Thanks.

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm

I've been using it for about 2 months. One downside, simply because I have short lower legs, is that sitting on a high piano bench doesn't work too well. I end up having too much downward slope on the upper leg for it to feel stable. So I had to revert to borrowing a footstool for that event. Otherwise it works fine.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 pm

So where do you buy it in the U.S.?
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm

I ordered mine from Germany via their website.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:04 am

David_Norton wrote:I've been using it for about 2 months. One downside, simply because I have short lower legs, is that sitting on a high piano bench doesn't work too well. I end up having too much downward slope on the upper leg for it to feel stable. So I had to revert to borrowing a footstool for that event. Otherwise it works fine.
Hi David --

Thanks for your perspective and guidance; I will keep that in mind as I consider ordering a GuitarLift.

Best regards.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 am

I see this style support in this live performance. It does look very stable, but I find the reflection of the lights in the plastic a bit distracting.

https://youtu.be/LRVa1vJ2hwE

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Wed May 17, 2017 3:54 am

It comes in either clear or black plastic. The clear version likely is not as reflective. I've also seen a number of cases where the stage lights reflect off the guitar's finish directly, so there's an element of chance here with respect to light placement v. a flat shiny surface v. the observer's eyes.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Thu May 25, 2017 2:32 am

I'm in contact with a new distributor in California who only has what he's calling the big plate. I'm thinking that I might prefer a medium. I'm 5'9". Peter mentions that his large guitarlift brings his guitar up pretty high on his chest. I'd rather avoid that. Any insights? because who knows the large may be what I want after all.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”