Fingers problem

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Răzvan_chordlover

Fingers problem

Post by Răzvan_chordlover » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

So , I have a question ? What do You for the finger top pain that gives You the presing on the chords ?It's very painful :roll:

Luuttuaja

Re: Fingers problem

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I have tried to learn to press the string just enough so that they don't buzz, but not too hard. "Very painful" doesn't sound good. Perhaps you should stop playing for a while to not hurt yourself more? Not pressing the strings too hard is, at least for me as a beginner, a bit hard. But I guess the earlier you learn to press "enough but not too much" the easier your practicing in the future will be.

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Ouch! Razvan, tell us more to help you better!
Are you a beginner? If you are, are you using nylon strings?
Does everything you play hurt? Only chords? or only barre chords?
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

robin loops

Post by robin loops » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 pm

If you just started playing and haven't developed a callus yet it will get a lot better when you do. Best thing is to not over do it until you get them. If you have already played enough to thicken the tips of the fingers, then you are most likely pressing much too hard
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
-James-

robin loops

Post by robin loops » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 pm

One thing beginners often overlook is finger independence development. This is a good topic to look into.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
-James-

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”