Lower Back issues

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
MorneZaayman

Re: Lower Back issues

Post by MorneZaayman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 am
Captonius wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:39 pm
I'd love to see the new one once it's done! It sounds like a fun project too.
I went down to the basement to look for the remains of the Canon MB2720 printer box to make another guitar support that fits me better and noticed the internal printer support cardboard pieces and an idea popped into my mind. These 2 supports literally took less than a minute to make and is one of the 2 printer packing pieces cut in half with the knife shown. The taller one is just right for me while standing up resting it on the table and the shorter one is just right for me sitting. With such a long base, I can move it left or right (sitting) to find the optimum position. Even though I have the guitar strap, I still like to vary playing positions by sitting sometimes and resting it on a table other times. Now I have all bases covered. This is a lot less work than glue-ing up cardboard pieces. If you don't mind the looks, this is the way to go for a quick and cheap support. You wouldn't want to use this on stage but at home, who is going to know? :mrgreen:

I have not used my Sageworks support for a few weeks now. I think the only time I will use the Sageworks again is when the guitar leaves the house, which will be seldom.
This looks awesome!!!!!!

And just this past weekend my mom took the one empty box we had in the garage that I could've used. I'll have to go rummage for something else :)

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:01 am

download/file.php?id=57860&mode=view

Has anyone tried making one of these? I noticed that the guitar sounds more resonant and a little louder with this guitar support. I am trying to come up with an explanation as to why and it could be due to less damping from less contact to the body, and the cardboard box reflects some of the sound from the back.

If anyone tries it I'd like to know if you observe the same thing.
This support is suitable for a taller person.

MorneZaayman

Post by MorneZaayman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 am

Hi!
Just an update: My back has been fine recently and I have had no weird aches while playing. I think doing some strength exercise helped.

:)

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”