A guitar support that make your guitar sound better?

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
SteveL123

Re: A guitar support that make your guitar sound better?

Post by SteveL123 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 am

BellyDoc wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 pm
It looks like the guitar ends up pretty far offset to the left compared to where I play mine. Is that about how you liked your positioning before?

I just changed supports after about a year of using the "Tenuto" because of exactly that. Now I use a Barnett. The center of my sound hole is closer to my midline now, just barely to the left. I wanted the neck a bit closer without having to twist or hold it too steeply. I became aware of some back pain that tended to occur in my left lower back, and I believe it was happening due to a body twist/lean I would do to relax my left arm.
That pic is not my normal position. I held the camera with an outstretched hand to quickly take the pic. Here's another shot with camera on a timer with my hands on the guitar, closer to my playing position. The beauty of this guitar support (pun intended since it is not pretty looking) is that you can move it left or right for best position.

I have a Kris Barnett support also but I have not used it at home for a few months now. This cardboard support and the standing table model or the guitar strap is all I use to vary my playing position. It is quick to place under the guitar and there is no worry of scratching the guitar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BellyDoc

Re: A guitar support that make your guitar sound better?

Post by BellyDoc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:36 am

I find it philosophically satisfying when clever low tech solutions rival the high tech ones. Thank you 😊
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." -Sir Isaac Newton

Armin Hanika 56PF

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”