Guitar Support for Yamaha Silent Guitar

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
HNLim

Guitar Support for Yamaha Silent Guitar

Post by HNLim » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Can anyone offer advice on guitar support for my Yamaha Silent guitar.

Steve O

Re: Guitar Support for Yamaha Silent Guitar

Post by Steve O » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:49 pm

A neck strap works well.

fvb

Post by fvb » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm

You might try a guitar support cushion (e.g. the one from Dynarette might work).

Cheers,
Frank

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Sat May 02, 2015 9:54 am

I have a Sinsonido and fitted strap pins to it so i could use a standard strap, *very* comfortable.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Sat May 02, 2015 11:12 am

The Yamaha Silent Guitar comes with a trap pins.

Silent

Post by Silent » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:57 pm

After reading this, I decided to try a strap. Not wanting to waste money on something that may or may not work, I just tied a cord to the factory screw/strap knobs and adjusted it to mirror an illustration of proper position. I practiced metronome dexterity and scales exercises. After an hour and a half I became aware it was break time. I was having FUN stumbling through these exercises. Yesterday, it was no fun dealing with neck and lower back pain, hand position, and trying to relax after just thirty minutes or so. Although I am very new to classical techniques, I would highly suggest you try it.

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Silent wrote:After reading this, I decided to try a strap. Not wanting to waste money on something that may or may not work, I just tied a cord to the factory screw/strap knobs and adjusted it to mirror an illustration of proper position. I practiced metronome dexterity and scales exercises. After an hour and a half I became aware it was break time. I was having FUN stumbling through these exercises. Yesterday, it was no fun dealing with neck and lower back pain, hand position, and trying to relax after just thirty minutes or so. Although I am very new to classical techniques, I would highly suggest you try it.
Good idea
I like home made straps ... its easy with a little creativity to attach an attractive scarf or soft leather strap to whatever there is to attach it to (at the neck end, a cord under the strings is ok)

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”