Jacobs, Walter - Little Sinners Waltz [FAC]

Here we publish the facsimile editions of older works.
Forum rules
Here we publish the facsimile editions of older works.
williamgroome

Jacobs, Walter - Little Sinners Waltz [FAC]

Postby williamgroome » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Another waltz, this time from Walter Jacobs. "Little Sinners Waltz" is from his 1900 book "Jacobs' Easy Guitar Folio No. 2"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by George Crocket on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

Julio

Re: Jacobs, Walter - Little Sinners Waltz [FAC]

Postby Julio » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 pm

what a gem of a find. thank you for posting this qwirky little piece! interesting how jacobs calls the second half "bass solo". like the title, how origional for a solo guitar piece...

Peter G.

Postby Peter G. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Thank you very much for bringing Walter Jacobs´ works to my Attention. With very much interest and appreciation I have discovered his oeuvre, which indeed is public domain and can easlily be downloaded on the Internet. Especially the his so called “Guitar Folios” are attracting me quite a lot.

I would be very grateful if you could give me some information I eager to obtain:

1. Who was Walter Jacobs? Strangely enough I sadly didn´t find any biographical information on this guitarist at all, apart from a simple mention of his name but then again even without any details like birth date, the city he originated from, etc.

2. As I am taking classical guitar lessons, are there any other particular pieces of Walter Jacobs you could recommend and that are pleasurable to hear and have not too complex fingerings? My level at the moment is late intermediate/pre-advanced. The Piece called "Little Sinners Waltz" is indeed a wonderful gem.

Thank you in advance for your reply and sincere regards,

Peter

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 am

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. Could I ask you to introduce yourself here?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Our facsimiles”