- Top: German Spruce
- Back / Sides: Bosnian Maple
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony / CSAR
- Sound: Great
- Condition: Very good
- Price: 2400 Euro
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location (nearest city): Freiburg i. Breisgau

Here the description of Alexandru of the woods he used: "German spruce soundboard, Bouchet bracing (mix of 90 and 20 years old spruce), flamed European maple body with 110 years old Cuban mahogany bracing
Brazilian cedar neck, 660 mm scale, with Bois de rose spine and African blackwood radiused fingerboard
Brazilian rosewood (60 years old) bridge, Madagascar rosewood headplate, Indian rosewood binding, maple, rosewood and boxwood purfling.
Rubner tuners with snakewood buttons."

You can find a lot of pictures and comments here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82638

The price of 2400 Euro (plus shipping) is with Rubner tuners and a hard case. You can also have it with the Gilbert Tuners for 200 Euro plus.

The guitar has a thin golpeador as top protection; it also lends itself for flamenco plaing quite good for a classical.

I'm sellng the guitar as I don't play it much since I got my seven strings flamenca negra also built by Alexandru Marian which I prefer for the type of music I'm playing and that is also much easier on my hand with its flamenco action and 650 mm scale length. I'm having more and more problems with my left hand in terms of pain, so I really have to see to it to put as little strain on it as possible. That's old age coming, I guess...

Alexandru has now a waiting period of at least two years, growing ...

PM me if you're interested...
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Alexandru Marian
Luthier

Re: DE €.2400 Alexandru Marian spruce 2013, Freiburg

Post by Alexandru Marian » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:45 am

A bump from me. I think it is a good deal even if I'm not a famous builder :) Here is a recording I took when new and raw wood without polish. I suppose it sounds pretty nice now if I can say so myself.

https://soundcloud.com/alexmarian-1/27- ... s-fragment

iouhp

Post by iouhp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am

Alexandru,

This is an excellent rendition!
Did you play this yourself?
Regards,
HP

Alexandru Marian
Luthier

Post by Alexandru Marian » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks! I wish I was playing so nicely :lol: The player's name is Catalin Stefanescu, he teaches guitar at the Bucharest conservatory and he is also a good composer.

iouhp

Post by iouhp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:39 pm

It's good to heard you've good support ;-)
Again, your guitar sound great!

Please send my regards to Catalin this is a fresh and excellent rendition :bravo:
Regards,
HP

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Yes, performance and guitar are great. I'm confident this guitar will find its way into the hands of a player who will appreciate it. I think, Alexandru builds guitars absolutely up to the standard that musicians look for.

I'm greatly enjoying the 7 string flamenca negra whivh he built for me more recently and which I had the presence of mind to order at shorter scale length as I experience more problems with my hands these days.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:52 pm

I thought people would tear my guitar in pieces about who is the first to buy it :shock: ... obviously you don't know the quality of work of Alexandru Marian ... well, one day the right player will be there. :sigaretta: :sigaretta: :sigaretta: :sigaretta: :sigaretta: :sigaretta: :sigaretta:

Alexandru Marian
Luthier

Post by Alexandru Marian » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:21 pm

:) I imagine the 660 bit scares people. I have several potential customers who are not happy about waiting - i called them about this one and they backed off when hearing about the 660. I think this reaction is exaggerated unless one has small hands. It is just 5mm more over the full neck (1-12 frets) and 2mm over the first 5.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:20 pm

they should use a capodaster :lol: :lol: :lol: it saves a lot of space and looks cool.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed May 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Still waiting for somebody who is close enough to my place to come around, try the guitar and be stunned... :D

rojarosguitar

Re: DE €.3200 Alexandru Marian spruce 2013, Freiburg - Price Raised

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Based on a talk with a friend guitar maker whose discernment I appreciate very much I decided to do something you may find contra-intuitive: I'm raising the price. His argumentation was in a nutshell as follows. The price I'm asking for this guitar suggests that it is maybe mediocre, which it is not.

So here we go: the new price is 3200 Euro (and I'm intending to sell it in EU only because of the hassles connected with shipping overseas and customs issues).

George Crocket

Re: DE €.3200 Alexandru Marian spruce 2013, Freiburg - Price Raised

Post by George Crocket » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:....
So here we go: the new price is 3200 Euro (and I'm intending to sell it in EU only because of the hassles connected with shipping overseas and customs issues).
You will see that reflected in the headline price now.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

rojarosguitar

Re: DE €.3200 Alexandru Marian spruce 2013, Freiburg

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:56 am

Thanks!

Kintla

Post by Kintla » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Yes, 660mm is the sticking point imo. Lovely sounding by the way. I'd love to have it but have got too many already just gathering dust so to speak. Unless one has hand problems I don't see a problem with the scale length, (my hands are relatively small and 660 isn't a problem).

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:19 pm

I must admit that trying to sell the guitar is rather a rational move, my intellect telling me I have too many and I can't play them all ... but I quite like it, and something in me isn't unhappy at all about the guitar still being around me ...

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”