US $..540 Yamaha GC12c cedar 2015, Irvine CA - Withdrawn

Debussychopin

US $..540 Yamaha GC12c cedar 2015, Irvine CA - Withdrawn

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:49 pm

- Classical
- 2015 (not really sure, the dealer I bought it from had it a few months so a safe estimate would be 2015)
- 650mm
- Solid Cedar
- Solid Mahogany
- Ebony
- Sound? (not sure what this means)
- New/Like New
- $580
- Trial or view in Irvine, CA
- Irvine, CA

Selling my new Yamaha Grand Concert guitar, this is the first superlative (to me) guitar in my possession, and me being a picky and careful person, I never really got to play/practice on this much. It has mostly just stayed in its semi hard shell case (comes with it) along w an Oasis humidifier (that is mine sorry; I need it for my next guitar). When I took it out to play or tinker with it I always washed my hands and never allowed my wife to touch it!! lol
It came from a large music store in east coast, I do still have the original Yamaha cardboard box to place everything into, but preferably do not want to ship. I prefer local pick up or delivery (if close to me).

I racked my brain on this one, if I wanted to keep it or not, it is a sweet guitar but must let it go to allow room (Financially) for my Cordoba C12.
(I may have to sell my other lesser guitar as well, the one I have been practicing on, as this C12 is costly).

Perhaps total play time on this guitar is around 3-4 hours max.

Condition is like new as I cannot say it is Brand new; I technically kept it for about a little over a month. so in most cases, this is not able to be returned.
Thank you :merci:

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

waikuentsui

Re: US $..580 Yamaha GC12c cedar 2015, Irvine CA

Post by waikuentsui » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 pm

This is a very good price for an almost brand new Yamaha Grand Concert.
Your guitar was signed by Akio Nanaki, the current Yamaha head luthier in charge of all Grand Concert productions.
Akio Nanaki was trained by Toshio Kato, one of Yamaha's internationally known luthier.

Below is a Youtube video demo for the GC12.
The video is in Thai.
If one just wanted to hear the sound of the cedar GC12C, skip the first four minutes of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1_agzVuaNY

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Thank you sir. Didn't know about the sig. That is good to know. I really wish I can keep this as it is one pretty looking and pure sounding instrument. One of the major proponents for deciding to keeping it was that in the future (maybe in the near future) I would perhaps most likely buy this guitar again. At that time it maybe discontinued or even more expensive. However I just originally had my eye on a c12 (lattice) for awhile and I just couldn't miss the opportunity to grab one (used) from a local person who gave me a great price but still pricey enough I had to create funds.

Yes I love that video it is perhaps the only video on the gc12 on YouTube and I have perhaps watched it a couple of dozen times! That video was what impacted me to grab this guitar (and also I started following Bird as well) I know exactly what he was saying about the guitars even though I don't technically understand a word he says in there :)

I haven't seen too many guitars but I know seeing GC line of Yamaha just how refined and a good quality of standard it is for me to judge guitars in the future.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 pm

You are welcome.
Warning: There will always be a bit of seller remorse.
Since you do not own this GC12c for very long, it may be easier to part with it.

The C12, being a lattice braced guitar, will be quite a bit different from the Yamaha.
I understand your situation.
Life is short, you have to play what you desired.
Good luck with the sales.

Debussychopin

Re: US $..540 Yamaha GC12c cedar 2015, Irvine CA

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:18 pm

Price drop to $540.
lol, this is what I get for not paying close attention to the 30-day within receipt date.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi mods, you can archive this.

I will be keeping this guitar thanks.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 am

You probably made a good choice to keep this guitar. You haven't really given it a chance to open up at all. The Yamaha GC line are pretty nice sounding once they break in a little. I think this guitar may surprise you and sound half decent in time. The GC guitars aren't really loud guitars, but they can be sweet sounding, especially the cedar ones.

Enjoy the guitars you have! You have a whole life ahead of you to buy and sell more guitars! Don't overdo it at the beginning before you know what you want.
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

Debussychopin

Re: US $..540 Yamaha GC12c cedar 2015, Irvine CA - Withdrawn

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello mods
Any way I can relist this thread in main sale subforum?
Or do I have to create a new one?

I really need to sell this. Just been sitting in my closet ever since. (Downstairs closet which is really cool air there, the central heater vents do not go down there as it is only a closet, garage and laundry room. )

I like to sell this at the lowest price 500. Preferably a local pick up.
You won't find a new gc12 anywhere at this price.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”