- Scale length (mm): 640 / 51 nut
- Top: Engelmann Spruce
- Back / Sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony / Indian Rosewood
- Sound: *See below
- Condition: Excellent 9.5/10
- Price: $2500. Free shipping within US 48
- Viewing / trial possible: Local trial around the Southwest Michigan area

HD PICTURES FOUND AT THIS LINK: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApcOtyzimUSZm-JOLsvz2MGeK4bAMA

Summary:
Selling my Cordoba Master Series Torres, carefully replicated from an 1856 Antonio de Torres. I love this guitar for its alluring, old world tone that really draws you in. It is also a very comfortable guitar to play. Comes with a custom fitted Humicase. I do prefer to sell within this month while the temperature and humidity is still favorable. Detailed notes for those interested are below.

Regards,
Sheldon

Detailed Notes:
Sound: The primary selling point of this guitar is the alluring tonal quality. Having played many high end guitars of different price points, I've found that this guitar has a certain beauty to the tone that many other guitars do not have. The basses are deep, while the trebles are articulate yet full and sweet with an alluring quality that is hard to describe. It is one of those instruments you'll have a hard time putting down because of it's unique timbre. I have never played an authentic Torres in person, but judging by the tone of this instrument I believe Cordoba did a really good job in capturing the Torres sound that makes you feel like you're playing a piece of history. Last night I was playing this guitar for a group of friends, and even individuals who don't play guitar commented on how distinctively beautiful this guitar sounded.
In addition, it has a big sound for a such a small bodied guitar. Many guitars also lose presence up the neck, but this one maintains good balance and separation in all positions.

Playability: The neck profile and nut width makes the neck feel a lot less chunky and easier to handle than the traditional classical guitar neck. This coupled with the 640 scale length, comfortable action setup, and smaller body makes this guitar feel very easy and natural to play especially for those with smaller hands or those looking to have greater ease when doing songs with difficult stretches and barre chords.

Condition: I put 9.5/10 simply because its used, but as far as I can see against the light, it is in superb condition with no cracks, dings, nail marks, repairs, etc. I have kept this guitar carefully humidified. Action is comfortable with plenty of room on the saddle to go down if desired. Built in truss rod also ensures the neck can be easily adjusted if needed.

Aesthetics: The particular Indian Rosewood they used on this instrument is unique and beautiful that sets it apart from the multitude of IRW guitars out there. The IRW has a rosy/pinkish hue to it that looks beautiful. I've tried my best to capture it in the pictures, but it looks better in person.

Reason for selling: As circumstances would have it, I need the cash and have also decided to settle on having just one instrument. I have let go of two other guitars. Once I sell this guitar, I will be down to having just one guitar. I do admit that this one will be quite painful to let go.

Misc.:
In the pictures you'll notice strap buttons that I had professionally installed on the heal of the neck and the lower bout. This makes it easy to use the guitar with a strap while standing while still being in the classical position as discussed on this forum. It matches the overall aesthetic of the guitar nicely.
There are 2 magnets installed to be used with a Barnett support. These can be left in or removed at the buyers request.
I've also put static cling protection sheets on the side of the guitar to protect the finish when using the guitar with a suction cup support/Barnett magnet support. These can be kept on or removed as desired since they don't leave any adhesive residue. There is also a static cling sheet under the bridge.
Last but not least, this guitar is hands down, the best smelling guitar I have ever played or owned. I believe they use some sort of cedar for the inner braces/lining that really makes the smell potent and sweet every time you open the case or just leave it on its stand. :D
Feel free to post or PM if you have any additional questions!
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Taylor 25

Re: US $.2500 Cordoba Master Series Torres spruce 2014, Berrien Springs, MI

Postby Taylor 25 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:19 am

I had the privilege of playing this guitar and I must say that it has one of the sweetest voices with good volume, beautiful timbre, and excellent clarity. The tonal palette of this guitar is just so rich, which stood out to me when I first played it. The smaller dimensions (640mm scale and 51mm nut) make it really easy and enjoyable to play. At this price point and quality, it is certainly a great bargain.

Uriel Garcia
Student of the online lessons

Postby Uriel Garcia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:13 pm

If I wasn't already engaged to another Torres style guitar that is currently being built, I would have totally popped the question to this one. $2500 is a bargain compared to getting a new one.
2010 Kala KA-CGE Concert Uke'
2013 Robert England "Hauser Inspired" /Spruce Top
2014 Fender USA Nitro Strat

tmblweed1

Postby tmblweed1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 am

Just to say I have this same guitar and everything he says about it is true. In fact for me when it came time to narrow down my small collection to just one guitar this is the one I decided to keep.
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

souldier

Postby souldier » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am

This guitar has been sold. I'm really going to miss this guitar.

Mods please move this to the archives
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”