- Type / luthier: Jason Wolverton Classical Guitar
- Year of construction: 2016
- Scale length (mm): Your choice
- Top: Master grade haselfichte European Spruce
- Back / Sides: Beautiful European "shell" maple
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony/Indian
- Sound: Traditional
- Condition: New
- Price: $4,500 (Romanillos plantilla) $4,750 (Wolverton plantilla-elevated FB)
- Viewing / trial possible: Commissioned
- Location (nearest city): Laguna Beach, CA

Fall Promotional Special. Once again trying to spread the word about the wonders of spruce/maple guitars.

Give spruce and maple a try, and at no extra cost I'll include this master grade bearclaw European spruce top (normally $150 extra) and this set of European "shell" maple (normally $250 extra). That's a savings of $400 for tonewoods that will make a feast for the ears and eyes!

This is one of the last soundboards I have with beautiful hasel figure that runs perpendicular to the grain. It's stiff, light, and has a resonant tap tone. I'm pairing this outstanding top with an equally amazing shell maple set. I've never seen figure quite like this. It's a little less dense than hard maple from the Eastern US, but much more dense than big leaf maple-which I feel is usually too airy. This maple set will impart a great old world, traditional glow with plenty of treble sparkle; a great sound for repertoire that demands a melodious timbre.

Time for delivery is approx. 4 months. A first payment of $1,000 secures your order. This price is for a guitar with standard appointments. Prices for additional options/marquetry can be viewed on my website. See this same page for purchase policy. http://jasonwolverton.com/index.php?/on ... sordering/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I have discovered (to my joy) that it is life, not death, that has no limits."- Florentino Ariza

Brusko

Re: US $.4500 Wolverton Hasel Spruce 2016, Laguna, CA

Postby Brusko » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:33 pm

What a great offer!

bacsidoan

Postby bacsidoan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Great deal!

Guther

Postby Guther » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:24 am

Are there any sound samples of a shell maple B/S guitar you could point to? Your guitars are fantastic, btw.
Guther

Jason Wolverton
Luthier

Postby Jason Wolverton » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:35 am

Guther wrote:Are there any sound samples of a shell maple B/S guitar you could point to? Your guitars are fantastic, btw.

Thanks, Guther.

I've never used wood with this particular figure in it, but I have a lot of experience with maple. The figure itself would have no impact on the tone. More important, in my view, is the density of the wood.

Here's a sound example of a Spruce/Maple with a Romanillos plantilla and 7 fan bracing-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmNdgcSkU4

and here's an example of spruce/maple with my Wolverton plantilla/elevated fingerboard/wood lattice bracing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOm24C_rkt0
"I have discovered (to my joy) that it is life, not death, that has no limits."- Florentino Ariza

Jason Wolverton
Luthier

Postby Jason Wolverton » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Deposit received. Please archive. Thanks!

Gordon Guttmann
Amateur luthier

Postby Gordon Guttmann » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:28 am

I love spruce and maple combination best of all. It is appropriate when the binding/purfling is a bit fancy. Maple likes to be dressed up a bit.

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”