Scale length: 650 mm
Top: European Spruce
Back and sides: Indian rosewood
Fingerboard: Ebony, 52mm at nut with 42mm string spacing
Varnish: Shellac French polish
Tuners: Klaus Scheller
Sound: Powerful, even tone. Great projection/sustain
Case: GEWA
Condition: New,but there is one mark on top of soundboard (see 4th picture below)
Price: $14,000 USD
Viewing / trial possible: Near Washington DC area

Not much to say about JNR that most don’t already know. The craftsmanship of Rohe is not exaggerated, probably the best you will ever see of any luthier. The sound projection is what stands out the most to me, it is certainly loud but not at the sake of clarity. It provides great feedback as a player without the need of a soundport.
Sorry I don’t have any sound samples. I never video or record my playing. PM if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer if I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jack Douglas

Re: US $14000 Jean-Noel Rohe spruce 2016, Vienna VA, US

Post by Jack Douglas » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Beautiful. Are you the same person that sold the Fritz Ober to get the Rohe?
Thanks.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

ChristianK

Post by ChristianK » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Jack,

Yes that's me but it's the other way around. Got the Rohe then sold the Ober, not my choice to get rid of the Ober but the Mrs. will only tolerate two guitars in the house at once. BTW, thanks again for suggesting Knobloch strings. EJ46s sound very nice on the Rohe but Knobloch and Augustine trebles make it really sing.

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

I understand, it 's Madame who commands for yours instruments ? :shock:

And you, order you for her dresses, lipsticks and kitchen ? :mrgreen:

Who is the Boss ? :?

Reread the marriage contract :contrat: and if necessary, add an amendment !

:bye:

édit: Imet Jean-Noël Rohé and I love his guitars. :casque: :guitare: :limaeunghie:
Last edited by Isabelle Frizac on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:27 pm

I bought the Ober and it is a wonderful instrument. I own some stronger guitars but none more beautiful sounding. It was exactly as Christian described so take his word on this one.
Spruce,2011Fritz Ober, 2015 Eric Sahlin, 2012 Jochen Rothel,2006 Greg Byers(fan not lattice)
2012 Michel Bruck ,2012 Martin Blackwell, 2001 Dominique Field
Cedar, 2009 Achim Gropius,2015 Daniele Chiesa, 2014 Joshua DeJonge

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:39 am

ChristianK wrote:Jack,

Yes that's me but it's the other way around. Got the Rohe then sold the Ober, not my choice to get rid of the Ober but the Mrs. will only tolerate two guitars in the house at once. BTW, thanks again for suggesting Knobloch strings. EJ46s sound very nice on the Rohe but Knobloch and Augustine trebles make it really sing.
Hi Christian,
Wow, you have had an impressive variety of guitars. I am curious as to what's next? And, thanks for the string suggestion compliment. FYI, on the Rohe I owned I discovered purely by accident (I was out of HT Bass) that medium tension basses paired with HT trebles (Augustine Regals my favorite) was a winning combination.
I am currently in Italy and this coming weekend will meet a Delcamp friend that just acquired a new Andrea Tacchi 'Garcia' and owns an Ober. I look forward to comparing the two. Next week I'm meeting with Enrico Bottelli and Gabriele Lodi (Marvin Dylla's latest discovery) and lastly I hope to visit Andrea Tacchi at his shop in Florence.
Good luck with the sale of your new Rohe. Maybe you'll get interested in the Italian builders.
Best regards,
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 am

Jack Douglas wrote:

Hi Christian,
Wow, you have had an impressive variety of guitars. I am curious as to what's next? And, thanks for the string suggestion compliment. FYI, on the Rohe I owned I discovered purely by accident (I was out of HT Bass) that medium tension basses paired with HT trebles (Augustine Regals my favorite) was a winning combination.
I am currently in Italy and this coming weekend will meet a Delcamp friend that just acquired a new Andrea Tacchi 'Garcia' and owns an Ober. I look forward to comparing the two. Next week I'm meeting with Enrico Bottelli and Gabriele Lodi (Marvin Dylla's latest discovery) and lastly I hope to visit Andrea Tacchi at his shop in Florence.
Good luck with the sale of your new Rohe. Maybe you'll get interested in the Italian builders.
Best regards,
Jack
Hey Jack, how are you doing in Italy? I am looking forward to pick you up at FRA airport on Friday. As you ar talking about strings: I want to put a set of Hannabach 815 on the new Tacchi Thursday evening, what do you think? Recently I tried out the 815 trebles and I was quite impressed. Now it's time for a whole set.

Off topic, I know, sorry for that, Christian. Good luck for the Rohe sale. I have to stick to the same "two guitars" rule at home btw.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:47 am

zupfgeiger wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:

Hi Christian,
Best regards,
Jack
Hey Jack, how are you doing in Italy? I am looking forward to pick you up at FRA airport on Friday. As you ar talking about strings: I want to put a set of Hannabach 815 on the new Tacchi Thursday evening, what do you think? Recently I tried out the 815 trebles and I was quite impressed. Now it's time for a whole set.

Off topic, I know, sorry for that, Christian. Good luck for the Rohe sale. I have to stick to the same "two guitars" rule at home btw.
By all means. Hannabach 815's are superb strings and I believe will fit your new Tacchi like a glove. I'm looking forward to the visit.

Thanks,
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 am

Lovely guitar. Amazing workmanship even to the detail of his "label". Good luck with the sale.

Off-topic:
I hope neither you or Zupfgeiger mentions the two guitar rule on other social media … it could put some folks here under pressure! :-)

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 am

simonm wrote:Lovely guitar. Amazing workmanship even to the detail of his "label". Good luck with the sale.

Off-topic:
I hope neither you or Zupfgeiger mentions the two guitar rule on other social media … it could put some folks here under pressure! :-)
I hope Jack or Michael never correspond with my wife....

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Jack Douglas wrote: this coming weekend will meet a Delcamp friend that just acquired a new Andrea Tacchi 'Garcia' and owns an Ober. I look forward to comparing the two. Next week I'm meeting with Enrico Bottelli and Gabriele Lodi (Marvin Dylla's latest discovery) and lastly I hope to visit Andrea Tacchi at his shop in Florence.
Man, that sounds like it could be an expensive trip?!

Do please report back here in detail regarding your thoughts on all of these guitars: We all love to live vicariously!

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm

UKsteve wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote: this coming weekend will meet a Delcamp friend that just acquired a new Andrea Tacchi 'Garcia' and owns an Ober. I look forward to comparing the two. Next week I'm meeting with Enrico Bottelli and Gabriele Lodi (Marvin Dylla's latest discovery) and lastly I hope to visit Andrea Tacchi at his shop in Florence.
Man, that sounds like it could be an expensive trip?!
Indeed, Jack could travel home to the US with several guitar cases filled with precious instruments.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

ChristianK

Post by ChristianK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Agreed, Jack should bring home several of these fine guitars with him. And Jack,since you are in Europe, do you mind stopping by the UK and ask Simon Ambridge to hurry up with my guitar? I'm having a difficult time waiting until Spring.

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm

What's the saying? ' You only live once'!' Ah, but there's the reality of the bank account!
Hauser III 2014!

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Just curious to see this guitar being put on sale in less than a year.

Perhaps the seller can share with us his perspective and experience with this particular guitar.

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”