- Top: Cedar
- Back / Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony
- Sound: Rich, warm tone with balanced sustain throughout fretboard
- Condition: Excellent
- Price: $3,750
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes, near San Francisco, CA, USA
- Location (nearest city): San Francisco, CA, USA

This beautiful guitar was purchased directly from Maestro German Vazquez Rubio in his shop in Los Angeles. I made several visits to his fantastic shop while living in LA, and this was the best sounding of the bunch that I selected after many trips. This guitar possesses the punchy tone you get from master-grade spruce while keeping the warm overall tone and balance that comes with cedar. Playability is soft and fast and the note separation is clear and well-balanced. No appreciable blemishes exist save the common finger nail marks on the french polish which are hard to capture. I asked German to install new ebony Sloan tuners at purchase which need him to reposition the screws down a few mm. Nothing big as these were installed by German himself and they look fantastic.

I own two of German's Hauser models, which are his finest guitars in my opinion based on many visits to his shop. German mentioned that his after-Hauser guitars are his favorite to build. This is no surprise as Hauser models are the guitars that he has won awards with and that gained him international fame. I am selling this one as I prefer spruce and am looking to fund the purchase of another instrument. Trial possible near SF and no international shipping given CITES.

If you have been thinking about buying one of German's guitars, this is it. I've already tried multiple of his samples and picked out the best from the lot. You can get the same experience on selecting the best from his shop, as I did, only if you live in or near LA or if you fly out for a day or two for the experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guther on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guther

Taylor 25

Re: US $.3750 German Vazquez Rubio Cedar 2011, San Francisco CA

Post by Taylor 25 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:52 pm

This is a great guitar being offered for a reasonable price. I have played (and nearly bought) a GVR cedar top (Solista) and loved its beautiful tone and playability. I am sure that this guitar is similar in that way. My guess is that this listing won't not last long. If I were in the market, I would be tempted to get this guitar. :) Good luck!

Guther

Post by Guther » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Taylor 25 wrote:This is a great guitar being offered for a reasonable price. I have played (and nearly bought) a GVR cedar top (Solista) and loved its beautiful tone and playability. I am sure that this guitar is similar in that way. My guess is that this listing won't not last long. If I were in the market, I would be tempted to get this guitar. :) Good luck!
Thanks, Taylor. I have it listed locally in San Francisco as well so if anyone is in town feel free to contact me. I purchased two wanting the best of both worlds (spruce and cedar). With another acquisition coming up, it is time to make the tough decision of keeping my arsenal small or face the wrath of the Mrs.

It is funny how every time I want a new/new to me guitar, there always seems to be an expensive purse that she happens to want. :lol:
Guther

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Nice guitar.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Indeed, very nice guitar. I would suggest that you specify in the description that this is the "Hauser" model, since that is not really clear from what you've posted, and I suspect that it would be a very good selling point! I have a spruce GVR Hauser, which is magnificent, so somebody will undoubtedly be very happy with this guitar, at a very good price, too. Best wishes!

Guther

Post by Guther » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:41 am

Lovemyguitar wrote:Indeed, very nice guitar. I would suggest that you specify in the description that this is the "Hauser" model, since that is not really clear from what you've posted, and I suspect that it would be a very good selling point! I have a spruce GVR Hauser, which is magnificent, so somebody will undoubtedly be very happy with this guitar, at a very good price, too. Best wishes!
Good catch, thank you. Title updated to include "Hauser".
Guther

Debussychopin

Re: US $.3750 German Vazquez Rubio Hauser - Cedar 2011, San Francisco CA

Post by Debussychopin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 am

Whenever I read the word 'Hauser', I say it in my mind with a thick German accent.

Esteve 8 cedar
Alhambra 9P cedar

souldier

Re: US $.3750 German Vazquez Rubio Hauser cedar 2011, San Francisco CA

Post by souldier » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Given the excellent price and condition, I'd be really surprised if this guitar is still here by the end of the week. GVR's Hauser is highly regarded. This one must sound good especially since you were able to compare it directly from a batch of other guitars.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Guther

Re: US $.3750 German Vazquez Rubio Hauser - Cedar 2011, San Francisco CA

Post by Guther » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 am

Debussychopin wrote:Whenever I read the word 'Hauser', I say it in my mind with a thick German accent.
This is a German Hauser.
Guther

Guther

Post by Guther » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 am

souldier wrote:Given the excellent price and condition, I'd be really surprised if this guitar is still here by the end of the week. GVR's Hauser is highly regarded. This one must sound good especially since you were able to compare it directly from a batch of other guitars.
Thanks for the comment, Souldier. The good thing is that someone else will be enjoying this for a long time to come :D
Guther

poriforo

Post by poriforo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 am

Forget it...re-read closer, thanks.

Guther

Post by Guther » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:45 pm

I took the guitar to Glen Canin to confirm that everything was perfect on the guitar prior to selling. Glen lives near by and gave confirmation came on the mint condition of the instrument, surprisingly punchy sound of the cedar soundboard, flatness/evenness of frets, even fretboard. It plays like triple-churned butter.

One small update, of 8mm in size, is that he mentioned the scale was 648 not 640. This may have been a misunderstanding of mine at the time of purchase and never bothered to check. Updated the info on the description. Thanks for the interest and pm's. Still available and better than ever.
Guther

Renee's Dad

Post by Renee's Dad » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:54 pm

I don't care much for butter, triple-churned or otherwise, but I'd sure play this guitar - it's beautiful. Good luck.
Box, wooden, six strings each.

Cordoba C10 SP/IN (2016)
Yamaha CG-170S (mid-80s, owned since '88)

Guther

Post by Guther » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 am

Renee's Dad wrote:I don't care much for butter, triple-churned or otherwise, but I'd sure play this guitar - it's beautiful. Good luck.
Thank you for the compliment, but definitely butter. Grass-fed. :merci:
Guther

Intune

Post by Intune » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Nice looking instrument. Good luck with the sale.
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”