DE €....0 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area. FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

simonm
Amateur luthier

DE €....0 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area. FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Post by simonm » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Project needs a new home:

Origin. Probably Germany

Top: Spruce. Smashed.
Back and sides: unknown
Scale: 630 (straight bridge - no compensation - likely unnecessary due to low action. )
Fretboard: Rosewood. Type unknown.
Nut 45mm
Body length 46cm
Upper bout 23.7cm
Lower bout 30.6cm
Depth at heel 7cm
Depth at end block 7.5cm
Soundhole 81mm
Simple ladder braced.
One bridge pin missing.
Price: Was €99 incl case ex-shipping. EU only. Update: Now Free without case, or €50 with case, shipping at cost.

I bought this years ago on the auction site. Most likely early 20th C German guitar. The seller packed it badly and it was destroyed en route. I was really upset at the time as it was a lovely looking little guitar before the idiot shipped it. :-( It has been sitting in the case since then with the idea that at some point I might restore it as in principle all it needs is a new top and appropriate refinish.

I haven't done it so far so realistically I never will. In addition, I am moving to a smaller place and just have to get rid of stuff. So I want to get rid of this sooner rather than later. Shipping within the EU only. Shipping will be charged at cost but I don't think it should be more than 20 euros. If you are somewhere not too far from me, I might even do a bit of tourism and drop it off to you.

The case is way to big for the guitar however it is convenient for packing and was never used apart from storing this "project” - it was intended for a StewMac 000 which I have sitting in a wardrobe. If you don't want the case and I can find a decent box then it is €55 plus shipping instead of €99 plus shipping. If you want a top to go with it, I can supply one.

Limited time advertisement. I will leave this active for about 3 weeks as after that I will be too busy so I will get it archived.

IMG_2742.JPG
IMG_2743.JPG
The scalloped fretboard and lute type frets on the top is what attracted me to this.
IMG_2741.JPG
The little sliver of wood sitting on the top is the missing bit of the sound hole ring.
IMG_2738.JPG
If it were a valuable guitar, then I believe it would be possible to rebuilt the to but it is probably not worth the effort. This is the most spectacular damage but there are other cracks swell. One of the dark wood frets is missing but these are simple to make.
IMG_2733.JPG
The tape is to hold the sides in place as the back is only attached at a number of points.
IMG_2735.JPG
IMG_2736.JPG
IMG_2730.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: DE €...99 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area.

Post by simonm » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Bump.

If anyone is remotely interested, let me know. The price is definitely negotiable. Make me an offer I can't refuse and I won't. It would be a shame to see it go in the bin.

Ludwig

Post by Ludwig » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:32 am

Beautiful guitar simon...
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:15 pm

C'mon, Simon, finish the restauration before selling it. Just a bit of serious work. :lol:

Cheers
Michael
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

portalesman

Post by portalesman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Did they ship it in a Mack truck?
Alvarez MC90

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

portalesman wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Did they ship it in a Mack truck?
Few Macks in Europe, so the answer is no. The seller shipped it in a light weight homemade cardboard box that gave it absolutely no protection. In some ways, it is a surprise that it arrived in such "good" condition! As the seller seemed to know what they were doing I trusted them. If I had known how clueless they were about packing guitars, I would have shipped a case and packaging to them.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: DE €...99 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area. FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Post by simonm » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:34 pm

I need to get rid of this. So the "guitar" is now free without the case.

Shipping at cost. Case is 50 if required but I can use the case myself. So no obligation to take that. I can find a suitable carton for shipping.

Philipp Lerche
Amateur luthier

Re: DE €....0 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area. FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Post by Philipp Lerche » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey Simon,

I would gladly take care of your project !

PM me please if it is still available.
"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
Bruce Lee

Best regards
Phil

simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: DE €....0 Project. Wrecked old guitar. :-) Frankfurt area. FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Post by simonm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Philipp Lerche wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 pm
Hey Simon,

I would gladly take care of your project !

PM me please if it is still available.

PM sent. :-)

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:55 am

Sold to the highest bidder … :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philipp Lerche
Amateur luthier

Post by Philipp Lerche » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 am

:merci:
"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
Bruce Lee

Best regards
Phil

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”