[H] Josefina Robledo - Francisco Tárrega - Lágrima

This is for recordings which have fallen into the public domain, that is to say, which were published more than 50 years ago.
Forum rules
This is for recordings which have fallen into the public domain, that is to say, which were published more than 50 years ago.

To allow alphabetical sorting, title your post as follows:
[H] Name of performer - Name of composer - Title of work
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

[H] Josefina Robledo - Francisco Tárrega - Lágrima

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 am

Josefina Robledo play Lágrima by Francisco Tárrega

Youtube
:( + ♫ = :)

papazian

Re: [H] Josefina Robledo - Francisco Tárrega - Lágrima

Post by papazian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:09 pm

The was beautifully played. Lagrima is one of my warm-up pieces. I play it, literally, every day. I never tire of its loveliness. :D

Gene.

fazley

Post by fazley » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Lovely rendition. One of my favourites too. I play this pretty much every day.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 am

That was lovely!

I was curious about Josefina Robledo (1892-1972) but I was not able to find very much other than that she was a student of Tárrega and apparently first met him when he was just 12 years old. She toured extensively and spent a long period in South America where her performances were very highly regarded. There is a CD with a recording of her talking about Tárrega and playing five of his works,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm

She fingered a number of pieces written by Eduardo Lopez-Chavarri including the Sonata II written for Llobet in 1923, the first, to my knowledge, sonata written for the guitar by a non-guitar composer.

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Good rendition of a beautiful piece. I also play from time to time this Tárrega´s prelude.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

bogdan101

Post by bogdan101 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:27 am

would have sounded much better without the horrendous artificial reverb added to the recording!... :nerveux:

troubadordan

Post by troubadordan » Tue May 03, 2011 10:53 pm

One of Tarrega's most loved preludes. I always pair this with Adelita, as they have similar structure with reverse modality. I'm curious to know your reference to Daniel Frederiche. Did Ms. Robeledo own one of his guitars - do you? I'm a distant relative of the man, and I know his son fairly well. I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I understand he's still making one or two guitars a year from his Paris shop.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi troubadordan, welcome to the forum. Could I invite you to introduce yourself here?

It's possible you won't get a reply to your question from Jean-François, as his English is rather limited, but the references below his post refer to his own guitars.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

troubadordan

Post by troubadordan » Wed May 04, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks, Geoff, I will do that. I appreciate the Steven Wright quote - I'm from Boston, and he's one of our heros!

Return to “Historical recordings”