[H] Barrios Mangoré - op.08/04 Valse - D08

This is for recordings which have fallen into the public domain, that is to say, which were published more than 50 years ago.
Forum rules
This is for recordings which have fallen into the public domain, that is to say, which were published more than 50 years ago.

To allow alphabetical sorting, title your post as follows:
[H] Name of performer - Name of composer - Title of work
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

[H] Barrios Mangoré - op.08/04 Valse - D08

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 pm

:( + ♫ = :)

bogdan101

Re: [H] Barrios Mangoré - op.08/04 Valse - D08

Post by bogdan101 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:03 am

Thank you for posting this, it is quite stunning... I'm wondering why modern performers of Barrios don't take a hint from the composer himself about how this music should be played!

Gil_Wade

Post by Gil_Wade » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 am

bogdan101 wrote:Thank you for posting this, it is quite stunning... I'm wondering why modern performers of Barrios don't take a hint from the composer himself about how this music should be played!
Contrary to some peoples belief...music is not set in stone. Each has their own interpretation. That is what makes it a living thing. Barrios himself didn't play it the same way two times in a row from what I understand.
Gil ( o )===:::

Gilbert Wade, Certified Music Practitioner

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be silent if no bird sang except the best." Anonymous

"I get a lot of requests...but I play anyway." from a cartoon

bogdan101

Post by bogdan101 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Gil_Wade wrote:Contrary to some peoples belief...music is not set in stone. Each has their own interpretation. That is what makes it a living thing. Barrios himself didn't play it the same way two times in a row from what I understand.

The trouble is that modern players always play it the same way, and they make beautiful music sound bland; the way Barrios plays it proves that there's more to music than what's written in the score.

fair2003

Post by fair2003 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks. More Barrios historical recording one can find here: http://digidownload.libero.it/mangore0/

Return to “Historical recordings”