Tárrega, Francisco - Tango (6th Grade)

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Frances McMahon

Tárrega, Francisco - Tango (6th Grade)

Post by Frances McMahon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am

Hi all,

Here's a recent recording of Tárrega's "Tango". One of my very favourites! I'm obsessed with it.
I think there is only one other recording of this piece on this part of the forum. The other recording was tagged as DO8, but you can play this piece with less that 8 years under your belt, IMHO.

For those that are interested, it's an extra list piece from the AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board) 2015 syllabus, 6th grade.

It's not perfect, but getting there....slowly.
Apologies for the string squeaks at the start. Working hard to eliminate that, and my breathing!.... :roll:

Thanks for listening....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kim Lissarrague 2008 Lattice-braced Guitar.
Now I'm truly in guitar heaven.

Steve Ganz
Luthier

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Tango (6th Grade)

Post by Steve Ganz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks for sharing Frances.
Fingernoise is a problem for me too. Especially when recording. Reducing it is a project I'm also into.
Steve

Cass Couvelas

Post by Cass Couvelas » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Well done, and thanks for posting! It's great to hear another recording of this on the forum. I think it's a marvellous piece and I, too, greatly enjoy playing it. I can fully understand your obsession!
"She ran the whole gamut of emotions from A to B."
(Dorothy Parker on Katharine Hepburn)

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 am

Frances McMahon wrote:
Apologies for the string squeaks at the start. Working hard to eliminate that, and my breathing!.... :roll:
Hi Frances,

Firstly, what a great piece. I can see why you are enthusiastic about it.

As for the squeaks, you might like to do a search on Y-Tube for "Lagrima Explained - part 2" by Kevin Gallagher. In this video he talks about the left hand of Lagrima and about a minute into the video he offers suggestions for how to reduce/eliminate squeaks.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:30 am

Paul Janssen wrote:
Frances McMahon wrote:
Hi Frances,

As for the squeaks, you might like to do a search on Y-Tube for "Lagrima Explained - part 2" by Kevin Gallagher. In this video he talks about the left hand of Lagrima and about a minute into the video he offers suggestions for how to reduce/eliminate squeaks.

Cheers,
Paul
P.S. might I suggest that you don't actually eliminate your breathing. I'm not doctor but I'm pretty sure that not breathing could be bad for your health. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frances McMahon

Post by Frances McMahon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am

Paul Janssen wrote:
Paul Janssen wrote:
Frances McMahon wrote:
Hi Frances,

Cheers,
Paul
P.S. might I suggest that you don't actually eliminate your breathing. I'm not doctor but I'm pretty sure that not breathing could be bad for your health. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the good advice! I think have seen that Youtube video. He says to lift up your left hand like a helicopter then place it down like a helicopter, not like an aeroplane about to take off! :D
I didn't see how funny that comment was about "eliminating my breathing" until I had posted! What I meant, was that my recorder is so sensitive that it often catches my breathing sounds. Sounds a little creepy, sometimes.... :lol:
Will have to work on that, too! (But not by holding my breath...lol)
Kim Lissarrague 2008 Lattice-braced Guitar.
Now I'm truly in guitar heaven.

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”