Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:03 pm

This is my new years message to all of you :ivresse:

happy new year!

Youtube

Jorge Oliveira

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Beautiful, Christian, did not know this composition of Tárrega. Happy New Year to you as well, hoping 2017 will bring you all the best.

Um forte abraço,

Jorge
1972 - Kuniharu Nobe #8, 658/51, Spr, RW B&S, Tokio, JPN (under repair)
1979 - Ryoji Matsuoka No.40
1987 - Aria A558, 650/51, Ced, lam RW B&S, Nagoya, JPN
2014 - Hermanos Camps Master Nº 3, 650/52, CAN Ced, MDG RW B&S, Banyoles, ESP

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

Thank you Jorge for your reply and comment. Tarrega has other lesser known composition as for example "preludio sobre um tema de mendelsohn". I used to play it but it needs some practice to keep it in the fingers.

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:32 pm

I searched in my books and found the Tango Maria, Christian, it's numbered as SEM 13 in Volumen IV - 31 PIEZAS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (3 inéditas), a SONETO (Madrid) publication edited by Melchior Rodríguez. It says there that you have to tune the 5th string to G and the 6th to D. I'm now digging into Sor's Opus 60, otherwise I would give it a try, it is so nice.

As for the other composition you mentioned, Preludio sobre un fragmento de Mendelssohn, I also found it, it's SEM 14 in Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), in the SONETO (Madrid) publication indicated above. It seems more complex than Tango Maria.

I assume, naturally, that the guitar is one of yours. Very beautiful and clear sound. Any particular model? Spruce, cedar, 650 mm, double top (nomex), raised fingerboard, what?
1972 - Kuniharu Nobe #8, 658/51, Spr, RW B&S, Tokio, JPN (under repair)
1979 - Ryoji Matsuoka No.40
1987 - Aria A558, 650/51, Ced, lam RW B&S, Nagoya, JPN
2014 - Hermanos Camps Master Nº 3, 650/52, CAN Ced, MDG RW B&S, Banyoles, ESP

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
As for the other composition you mentioned, Preludio sobre un fragmento de Mendelssohn, I also found it, it's SEM 14 in Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), in the SONETO (Madrid) publication indicated above. It seems more complex than Tango Maria.

I assume, naturally, that the guitar is one of yours. Very beautiful and clear sound. Any particular model? Spruce, cedar, 650 mm, double top (nomex), raised fingerboard, what?
The prelude is a good exercice also. There is a version of it on youtube but he plays it way too fast for my taste.

The guitar is one of mine of course - it is a 2016 red cedar nomex sandwich top with raised fingerboard and bolted on neck. This is a very interessting instrument full sounding and responsive with a lot of sustain and balance etc. and not really expensive either.......

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”