Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:03 pm

This is my new years message to all of you :ivresse:

happy new year!

Youtube

Jorge Oliveira

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Tango Maria

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Beautiful, Christian, did not know this composition of Tárrega. Happy New Year to you as well, hoping 2017 will bring you all the best.

Um forte abraço,

Jorge
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

Thank you Jorge for your reply and comment. Tarrega has other lesser known composition as for example "preludio sobre um tema de mendelsohn". I used to play it but it needs some practice to keep it in the fingers.

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:32 pm

I searched in my books and found the Tango Maria, Christian, it's numbered as SEM 13 in Volumen IV - 31 PIEZAS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (3 inéditas), a SONETO (Madrid) publication edited by Melchior Rodríguez. It says there that you have to tune the 5th string to G and the 6th to D. I'm now digging into Sor's Opus 60, otherwise I would give it a try, it is so nice.

As for the other composition you mentioned, Preludio sobre un fragmento de Mendelssohn, I also found it, it's SEM 14 in Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), in the SONETO (Madrid) publication indicated above. It seems more complex than Tango Maria.

I assume, naturally, that the guitar is one of yours. Very beautiful and clear sound. Any particular model? Spruce, cedar, 650 mm, double top (nomex), raised fingerboard, what?
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
As for the other composition you mentioned, Preludio sobre un fragmento de Mendelssohn, I also found it, it's SEM 14 in Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), in the SONETO (Madrid) publication indicated above. It seems more complex than Tango Maria.

I assume, naturally, that the guitar is one of yours. Very beautiful and clear sound. Any particular model? Spruce, cedar, 650 mm, double top (nomex), raised fingerboard, what?
The prelude is a good exercice also. There is a version of it on youtube but he plays it way too fast for my taste.

The guitar is one of mine of course - it is a 2016 red cedar nomex sandwich top with raised fingerboard and bolted on neck. This is a very interessting instrument full sounding and responsive with a lot of sustain and balance etc. and not really expensive either.......

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”