Tárrega, Francisco - Prelude in A (Premiere:1st recording). Silk & - gut strings. - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Mercurio2688

Tárrega, Francisco - Prelude in A (Premiere:1st recording). Silk & - gut strings. - Video

Post by Mercurio2688 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 am

Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909) left many manuscripts of preludes and etudes to his students and friends. Many of thoose pieces were composed by Tárrega during a class. One of his friends was the Dr. Walter Leckie who also was his benefactor and to whom Tárrega left manuscripts of his pieces. Many of thoose pieces have been never published or recorded.
This little prelude in A is dated by Tárrega in 1900 and belongs to the Leckie manuscripts. To my present knowledge, nobody has recorded it before so this recording is perhaps the first ever made of this piece.
Guitar made by Daniel Bernaert after Torres 1864 "La Suprema" with gut and silk strings and played with flesh, that is no nails at all.
I hope you like it.
PS: Thanks Rob ;)

Youtube
-Daniel Bernaert 2011 after Torres 1864 "La Suprema". Spruce/Mapple
-Juan Montes 2010. Cedar/Madagascar Rosewood
-Hijos de González ca.1890 Spruce/Walnut ( Sons of Francisco González, Madrid) [SOLD]
-Ramirez 1965 Spruce/Indian Rosewood [SOLD]

Mercurio2688

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Prelude in A (Premiere:1st recording). Silk & - gut strings.

Post by Mercurio2688 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:21 am

BTW this topic is about the manuscripts where this prelude is: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99824&p=1063490&hil ... e#p1063490
-Hijos de González ca.1890 Spruce/Walnut ( Sons of Francisco González, Madrid) [SOLD]

tateharmann

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Prelude in A (Premiere:1st recording). Silk & - gut strings. - Video

Post by tateharmann » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:50 am

Loved all 30+ seconds!! Bravo sir :)
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

RobMacKillop

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Prelude in A (Premiere:1st recording). Silk & - gut strings. - Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks, Kacper! Beautiful.

Mercurio2688

Post by Mercurio2688 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Thank you gentelmen. I'm glad you like it.
Kacper

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

The more I listen to this one, the more I like it :)

All of your recordings are nice, but this one is my favorite so far. It's not just the piece, either...it's something about the sound and the tone production.

It's light and soft at the same time as being strong and articulate.

Very pure guitar sound - I like that.

It's an excellent goal to strive towards!

More please :)
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

mc1

Post by mc1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:31 pm

lovely.

Neilsmith79

Post by Neilsmith79 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Fantastic really enjoyed, thank you great guitar tone.

Mercurio2688

Post by Mercurio2688 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Thank you for your compliments. The tone production with flesh and gut is a subject that I'm particulary obsessed with. There is a lot of mysteries for me at this point so I can't share all my conclusions yet. But I know that -at least for my skin- it is extremely important to keep my fingertips hydratated (I put cream very often). I don't use any kind of lubricant as some players did in the past.
Also, in my oppinion the paradoxically bright and metallic tone inherent to the flesh -If you try playing with flesh for the first time you will notice how crispy and bright a non developed flesh tone can be- needs to be somehow compensated. There are different ways of doing it but in my case I do it with the position of the right hand. I literally play over the 19th fret. The more distance between the bridge and the pluking point, the more elastic the string is -because there is a biger segment of it that can stretch-. And also, at that position I can produce a sound that is rich and that has a pleseant balance between the lower and the higher harmonic frecuencies of the guitar. If you look at pictures of the Tárrega school players like Pujol, Robledo, Llobet or Tárrega himself, you will notice that in 90% of the pictures they place their right hand over that area.
I have no commercial interest with any string maker in particular, but the gut that has given me best results so far is made by Damian Dlugolecki.
BTW what do you think about this tone(attached link)? It is belived that Juan Mercadal was a flesh player, but I heard some strange stories about an accident that made him loose part of a finger of the right hand and thus his tone in his last years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwRzv4okrow

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”