Easy Nail Repair for Classical Guitarists - Kevin Gallagher

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
Jstanley01

Easy Nail Repair for Classical Guitarists - Kevin Gallagher

Postby Jstanley01 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Using china silk to repair a major break... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajcxf1WZe6w
Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. -W.C. Fields

dory

Re: Easy Nail Repair for Classical Guitarists - Kevin Gallagher

Postby dory » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 am

My nails are like tissue paper. I have found a very effective way to repair broken nailssince mine break so often. I use Kiss brush on nail glue and, of all things, Kleenex. I brush on the glue and then put on a one ply piece of Kleenex torn small just to cover the break (the two layers of Kleenex separate easily) while the glue is still wet. Then I apply several layers of brush on glue over it. If the repair looks obvious and ugly I file on top of the repair, wet it, and file again until it is smooth. I have heard of using silk, tea bags, etc but really the Kleenex works just as well. I think all you need is some fibers to soak up the glue. I am hoping that by using Veralac and going short I won't have the broken nail issue so much.
Dory

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”