Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
laukejas

Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Post by laukejas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm

I bought a bottle some 6 years, and it was very, VERY effective. I lost the bottle in an accident, but didn't mind it, because my nails were good.

However, now that I'm playing more, I think I should order it again. Problem is, I can't find it anywhere. It almost looks like it was discontinued. Is there anywhere I can still buy it with shipping to Europe (I live in Lithuania)?

If not, what are current nail grow accelerators and strengtheners that work on the same level that Onymyrrhe does?

Rick-in-Annapolis

Re: Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Post by Rick-in-Annapolis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm

I did a simple google search and found an Amazon site that sells it. I don't know if it is available in Lithuania though. Good luck.

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Rick-in-Annapolis wrote:I did a simple google search and found an Amazon site that sells it. I don't know if it is available in Lithuania though. Good luck.
You did? Where? I checked amazon, and it said it's all sold out. Could you send a link through PM, please?

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 pm

At stringsbymail it says "We're sorry, but this item is no longer available from the manufacturer."

It says an alternative is Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein.

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:00 am

soltirefa wrote:At stringsbymail it says "We're sorry, but this item is no longer available from the manufacturer."

It says an alternative is Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein.
Yeah, I saw that, but I don't know if Nailtiques is any good. I would like to find a product that is confirmed to work... Like Onymyrrhe used to.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:23 am

I have never used the product you're seeking, but for what it's worth I have used Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker Hand and Nail Therapy cream and it really seemed to make my nails stronger. It was originally made for horse hooves, but horse owners noticed their own nails improving when they'd get it on their hands while applying it to the horses.

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 am

soltirefa wrote:I have never used the product you're seeking, but for what it's worth I have used Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker Hand and Nail Therapy cream and it really seemed to make my nails stronger. It was originally made for horse hooves, but horse owners noticed their own nails improving when they'd get it on their hands while applying it to the horses.
That must be the exact same thing that was used to make Onymyrrhe - I remember reading about horse hooves on it's description. I will see if I can find this product you used.

EDIT: Found it, they ship to Lithuania. Rather cheap, I'd say. How good it was, exactly? With Onymyrrhe, my nails grew back almost twice as thick. What about this product?

pima1234

Post by pima1234 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 am

I will concur that Onymyrrhe does indeed work as described. It is a shame that it's no longer available from the manufacturer (here in Michigan, apparently, as is SBM).

Nailtiques 2+ does work well, but it's a finish (a nail polish), and not all natural, which I believe Onymyrrhe was.

I am glad that I still have some, but I need to better about applying it regularly. Michigan winters are hard on nails! When it runs out, I have to find another solution.
What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 am

pima1234 wrote:I will concur that Onymyrrhe does indeed work as described. It is a shame that it's no longer available from the manufacturer (here in Michigan, apparently, as is SBM).

Nailtiques 2+ does work well, but it's a finish (a nail polish), and not all natural, which I believe Onymyrrhe was.

I am glad that I still have some, but I need to better about applying it regularly. Michigan winters are hard on nails! When it runs out, I have to find another solution.
True... When I used Onymyrrhe, I was able to scratch concrete walls without damaging my nails. I used my nails to scratch wood in my workshop, to open stubborn things, to clean pots, etc. And I never broke a nail, rarely had to do any serious sanding after such abuse. Mind that before Onymyrrhe, my nails were constantly delaminating, breaking, growing for ages, etc... Amazing product it was. It's a shame I lost that bottle. Then again, who knows, if I used it any longer, I might have grown a hoof :D

Pima, do you know if that Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker is as good as Onymyrrhe? I'm one click away from buying it from UK. Seems like a real deal, but I'm still unsure, 12 bucks is more than I make in a day in Lithuania.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:44 am

EDIT: Found it, they ship to Lithuania. Rather cheap, I'd say. How good it was, exactly? With Onymyrrhe, my nails grew back almost twice as thick. What about this product?
Based on your description of the results you got from Onymyrrhe, probably my stuff isn't as powerful.

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:36 am

soltirefa wrote:
Based on your description of the results you got from Onymyrrhe, probably my stuff isn't as powerful.
I see... Okay, are there any other products to consider? Anyone?

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 am

Buy the Nailtiques and also get some MSM power (you'll need about one teaspoon a day in juice). That's a pretty good combination. Of the two, I think the MSM is more important but together they work just fine.

kdwiklund

Post by kdwiklund » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 pm

I used Onymyrrhe but also Hard as Hoof, probably similar to the other "hoof" treatment. I actually prefer it to the Onymyrrhe. I just leave it in my bathroom and rub it into my nails several times a day. The results over time have been extremely good. I recommend it to everyone.
David Pace 2017 - cedar double-top
David Pace 2014 - spruce
Jose Oribe 1973 - spruce

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 pm

kdwiklund wrote:I used Onymyrrhe but also Hard as Hoof, probably similar to the other "hoof" treatment. I actually prefer it to the Onymyrrhe. I just leave it in my bathroom and rub it into my nails several times a day. The results over time have been extremely good. I recommend it to everyone.
petermc61 wrote:Buy the Nailtiques and also get some MSM power (you'll need about one teaspoon a day in juice). That's a pretty good combination. Of the two, I think the MSM is more important but together they work just fine.
Okay, so I'm choosing between Nailtiques, Hard as Hoof, and Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker :D Any chance of putting the final word on which of those is the best?

robert e

Post by robert e » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

I use hoofmaker and I do notice positive effects, but it may simply be that I'm using anything vs previously not caring for my nails at all. Along those lines, I'm sure every little thing helps, like wearing gloves, minimizing soap, detergent and solvent exposure, correct filing technique, etc.

Search youtube for Antigoni Goni's nail care video--ten minutes chock full of tips and good sense. She stresses making better nails via good diet, and if that isn't enough, certain supplements; externally, she uses olive oil soaks. She also talks about protection when you practice, on tour, and nail and cuticle repair. Great stuff.

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”