Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
Guitar-ded

Re: Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Post by Guitar-ded » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:20 am

I used to use Onymhyrre and found it effective then when it ceased production (apparently) I tried to find something to replace it. I tried the Nailtiques product but was unimpressed. I see that SBM now stocks a polish remover from Nailtiques too. I'd agree with every word of the review on SBM.
Review:
"Having previously been happy with the late lamented Onymyrrhe, I replaced it with this. Before buying it's good to know that it is essentially a clear nail polish which when applying smells *strongly* of acetone and drys to a *very* gloss finish on the nail. The look of it alone is off-putting so I don't think I'll use it again.
Does it work? It seems to have some little effect but not nearly enough to put up with the "are you wearing polish on your right hand?" questions. Then again, try it and decide for yourself, but it isn't for me.
"

I found that the Mane 'n' Tail Hoofmaker works fairly well but not as well as Onymhyrre did. Tantalisingly, I found an online store in Ireland that had stock but when I contacted them I never did get a reply so I guess they are not in business anymore.
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

petermc61

Re: Where can I buy Onymyrrhe now?

Post by petermc61 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:06 am

Guitar-ded wrote:I used to use Onymhyrre and found it effective then when it ceased production (apparently) I tried to find something to replace it. I tried the Nailtiques product but was unimpressed. I see that SBM now stocks a polish remover from Nailtiques too. I'd agree with every word of the review on SBM.
Review:
"Having previously been happy with the late lamented Onymyrrhe, I replaced it with this. Before buying it's good to know that it is essentially a clear nail polish which when applying smells *strongly* of acetone and drys to a *very* gloss finish on the nail. The look of it alone is off-putting so I don't think I'll use it again.
Does it work? It seems to have some little effect but not nearly enough to put up with the "are you wearing polish on your right hand?" questions. Then again, try it and decide for yourself, but it isn't for me.
"

I found that the Mane 'n' Tail Hoofmaker works fairly well but not as well as Onymhyrre did. Tantalisingly, I found an online store in Ireland that had stock but when I contacted them I never did get a reply so I guess they are not in business anymore.
Try taking a teaspoon of pure MSM everyday, say in orange juice. Beats any of the stuff that gets applied to nails.

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”