Artificial Nails

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
Danny Crockett

Artificial Nails

Post by Danny Crockett » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:25 pm

i have had success using Riconails artificial nails when I break a nail and need to keep practicing. A Glue Dot is used to adhere the artificial nail to my real nail. My question is, does anyone know which glue dot to buy? Buying them from Riconail is expensive when you add the shipping and takes too long to get to you by mail. I'd rather buy the glue dots in bulk which be be more economical. Its Important I get the right size and glue tack. I bought some from a craft store and they would not hold. I have 4 glue dots left1 :chaud:

Danny Crockett

Re: Artificial Nails

Post by Danny Crockett » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I was able to get the correct correct glue dots at BuyGlueDots thanks to Douglas Neidt. I was able to purchase 600 dots for $10.00 plus I was give free xtras. Douglas is a great classical guitarist and can be found on YouTube. The Riconails I mentioned are great in a pinch when you happen to break a nail. Thank You Douglas :chitarrista:

Mod Edit: No direct links to commercial sites please; search for BuyGlueDots

robert e

Post by robert e » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Which are the right ones?

twistedblues

Post by twistedblues » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Good question

Kurt Penner

Post by Kurt Penner » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:24 pm

I use the ones called Permanent 3/8" but i wish i could find the 1/2" ones. And i find putting on three at a time to cover the entire nail is more secure. They still get loose after few hours but are the best solution I've found.

kp

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”