Experience with Tone Tips

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
davekear

Re: Experience with Tone Tips

Post by davekear » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:06 am

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 am

For the record, I disagree with Dave almost 100% on everything else he says about guitar playing but ... his GPN method absolutely does a great job. I unreservedly reccomend the system to anyone who struggles with their natural nails.

I used them consistently for many months at a time and over several years with no adverse effects - the tones one is capable of producing are easily as wide ranging as those produced by natural nails (much, much better than you might have heard on the promotional video examples) and, with just a little practice, they are easy to work with and apply.

Alaska-piks ... I wouldn't use those to pick my nose (and yes, I have tried them for guitar playing).
You probably don't disagree with 100% of what I say :)...... I hope. I'm usually a pretty agreeable guy. What, because I like the sound of nails over just flesh? We'd probably agree on many things. I actually can be very diplomatic if I want to be.
Anyway, I'm glad you like our guitarplayernails. We've been doin it for a long time. We're pretty good at it.

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 am

davekear wrote:You probably don't disagree with 100% of what I say
Lol - I did qualify it with "almost" ...
... and I'm a confirmed nail player Dave - I only mentioned my disagreement to put the endorsement in context.

davekear

Post by davekear » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:33 am

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 am
davekear wrote:You probably don't disagree with 100% of what I say
Lol - I did qualify it with "almost" ...
... and I'm a confirmed nail player Dave - I only mentioned my disagreement to put the endorsement in context.
That's good. Mark, I think we'd agree guitar wise on many things.
I noticed you said: (Our nails sound much better than you might have heard on the promotional video examples) We have as video examples Eliot Fisk and Grisha Goryachev! I thought they sounded pretty good. OK, here's another recent one from Grisha. He's been using our nails for over 15 years now. Here he is again using our guitarplayernails on all fingers and thumb:
Youtube

Sounds pretty good to me.

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:44 pm

davekear wrote:Here he is again using our guitarplayernails on all fingers and thumb:
Yes - it's great playing, and a bright, clear sound - perfect for its purpose; but it doesn't demonstrate the great sweetness and depth of tone that is also possible using your product.

Some people might be put off through imagining that the more brilliant, harder edged tone is what GPN produces when, in fact, it is down to the player - GPN on Grisha sounds like Grisha - on me they sound like me.

That's one of the things I like about them - they are as versatile and personal as our real nails - something that I have found not to be the case with other solutions.

davekear

Post by davekear » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”