Blackcurrant oil?

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
dory

Blackcurrant oil?

Post by dory » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Prevention magazine just published a blurb saying that blackcurrant oil capsules are highly effective for helping breaking and splitting nails. I have not tried this and probably won't as at this point I am happy with using tiny amounts of brush on super glue to strengthen my nails. However, I thought someone else might like to try it.
    Dory

meouzer

Re: Blackcurrant oil?

Post by meouzer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

To be swallowed or put on the nails? I lot of players put various oils on their nails. On the other hand, I googled and some adds say that black currant oil its to be taken as a supplement (swallowed) to help the nails.

pogmoor

Re: Blackcurrant oil?

Post by pogmoor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Why not just eat blackcurrants rather than wasting money on blackcurrant oil capsules? Blackcurrants are a good source of vitamin A, some of the B vitamins, vitamin C, iron and (antioxidant) polyphenols - all of which have health benefits; blackcurrant seeds (from which I guess the oil is extracted) contain omega-6 fatty acids which are also regarded as beneficial. However the best way of ensuring a beneficial intake of these sorts of nutrients is to eat a wide range of fruit, vegetables and nuts as part of your daily diet!
    Eric from GuitarLoot
    Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
    Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”