Blackcurrant oil?

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
dory

Blackcurrant oil?

Post by dory » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Prevention magazine just published a blurb saying that blackcurrant oil capsules are highly effective for helping breaking and splitting nails. I have not tried this and probably won't as at this point I am happy with using tiny amounts of brush on super glue to strengthen my nails. However, I thought someone else might like to try it.
    Dory

meouzer

Re: Blackcurrant oil?

Post by meouzer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

To be swallowed or put on the nails? I lot of players put various oils on their nails. On the other hand, I googled and some adds say that black currant oil its to be taken as a supplement (swallowed) to help the nails.

pogmoor

Re: Blackcurrant oil?

Post by pogmoor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Why not just eat blackcurrants rather than wasting money on blackcurrant oil capsules? Blackcurrants are a good source of vitamin A, some of the B vitamins, vitamin C, iron and (antioxidant) polyphenols - all of which have health benefits; blackcurrant seeds (from which I guess the oil is extracted) contain omega-6 fatty acids which are also regarded as beneficial. However the best way of ensuring a beneficial intake of these sorts of nutrients is to eat a wide range of fruit, vegetables and nuts as part of your daily diet!
    Eric from GuitarLoot
    Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
    Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”