Anything to straighten nails with?

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
graceman

Re: Anything to straighten nails with?

Post by graceman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:32 am

How is that spoon trick actually performed ?
"..don't be afraid to miss a note. Being afraid is the only way you are sure to miss it.."

ArjayPhotog

Post by ArjayPhotog » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Yes, I'm also interested in this technique (will search other threads), my 'a' nail takes quite an obvious turn down the longer it gets.

twistedblues

Post by twistedblues » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 am

My nails always get bent down a little from doing normal tasks throughout the day. I'm interested in finding some products to strengthen them. And also some options on something to cover my nails with when I have to do simple things like laundry. My nails get tweaked just from sorting through things with my hands.

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:12 am

Jack Douglas wrote:The heated spoon trick works very well. My right hand nails grow out and curve downward. My left hand nail are as straight as an arrow. Go figure. So every other day I use the hot spoon trick to 'iron' my nails. The end result is quite good.
I have an update. In addition to using a heated spoon to straighten my nails I rub vitamin E oil in my cuticles every day. Also, I use jewelry polishing paper to keep them very smooth. I like jewelry polish paper better for daily use because it doesn't remove any nail, at least that's perceptible. When I need to re-shape or take some nail off I use a Ruby Stone crystal file and 3m products.
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”