Bach, J. S. - BWV 0995 Allemande - Lute suite no.3

Audio and video recordings of the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Bach, J. S. - BWV xxxx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Bach, J. S. - BWV 0997 Prélude - D09 Video (BWV number padded out with zeroes to 4 digits.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Bach, J. S. - BWV 0995 Allemande - Lute suite no.3

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 pm

...and the Allemande. Maybe I should put the mic a bit further away?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Bach J.S. - BWV 995 Allemande - Lute suite no.3

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:07 pm

:bravo: What joy to listen to your recording! I can't comment on the microphone placement, I leave that to others, but I enjoyed every second. :merci: :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Thanks so much Erik, you are. as they say in England (sometimes), a scholar and a gentleman! :bye:

Erik Zurcher

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:32 pm

:oops:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

astro64

Postby astro64 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Very nice performance! The balance in the recording sounds good to me. I don't have experience with recording, but I like what I hear.

Bludog

Postby Bludog » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 pm

That's a beautiful recording and performance. Nothing wrong with mic placement to my ears.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 0995 Allemande - Lute suite no.3

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am

Thanks for listening and commenting Bludog and astro64, much appreciated.:-)

David Belcher

Postby David Belcher » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Denian,

My visits here have become too few and far between, but it's always a treat when I arrive to see a new recording by you! This is exceptional. The tempo is just perfect for me (I've heard this played too fast far too many times) and I love the articulation and voice separation.

As for the mics, I can hear a bit of noise that might get fixed by having the mics further away, but your tone is so good that there's even very little nail noise. Are these still the Rode's? They sound quite good.
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi David, thanks for listening and commenting. I'm using a pair of AT 4033's here. Sadly I broke one of the Rodes by dropping it.
I really appreciate your feedback :-)

David Belcher

Postby David Belcher » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Ouch. That's no good. I've heard good things about the AT 4033's, though. Another option you might check out, which reduces proximity noise and still has a nice bass range are the Schoeps CMC6's with the MK21 omni-cardioid capsule (kind of a mix between omni and cardioid). Uros Baric has a nice review of it here: https://youtu.be/ZDPmWeG0a40
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks for that info. I'll check them out. Hope they're not too expensive, I'm a classical guitar player!

David Belcher

Postby David Belcher » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Oh, I just saw the price—yeah, they're a bit ridiculous. I don't have them myself (I have only heard them and have a friend who uses them.) Sorry about that!

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Mmmm :shock:

:lol:

Bertran

Postby Bertran » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm

When I listen you, your playing comes form one "direction" but your breathing comes from "another" one that I use to ignore. But it is better to minimize it at your recording (if you can). Also, from "playing-direction" comes other things like little nail's touch, little fret-buzzing (2:13), vibrato (3:19), etc.
Maybe little further will be better,.. for headphone (if you are looking for perfection).

But, everything else devoted for our ears is beautiful, your playing is superb and all I can do is listen you again, again,... and learn so much for your recordings through all this years.
Thank you Denian, very impressive recordings !

Bertran II

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:22 am

Thanks so much Bertran. I agree with your comment about the breathing, it doesn't appear to 'flow' in the same direction as the music. Also, with the imperfections, I've decided never to edit my recordings. Before, if I made a mistake, I used to stop and re-record an entire section and then put the 'good' sections together. But now I just record in one take, when i record ( which isn't so often these days) it's more honest.
Thanks again for listening.

Return to “Our recordings of J. S. Bach”