Bach, J. S. - BWV 0668 Vor deinen Thron tret' ich

Audio and video recordings of the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Bach, J. S. - BWV xxxx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Bach, J. S. - BWV 0997 Prélude - D09 Video (BWV number padded out with zeroes to 4 digits.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
entschwindet

Bach, J. S. - BWV 0668 Vor deinen Thron tret' ich

Post by entschwindet » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 pm

J.S. Bach's 'Vor deinen Thron tret' ich' (Before your throne I now appear), otherwise known as 'The Deathbed Chorale,' from the Great 18 Chorale Preludes.

Originally for organ, transcribed by myself - remarkably it didn't require transposition, being originally in G major and mostly occupying a lower register than normal for keyboard music.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bert

Re: Bach, J.S. - BWV 0668 Vor deinen Thron tret' ich

Post by bert » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Very nice playing. Good to hear a piece by Bach that hasn't been uploaded here before.
Thanks

MarcusStrand

Re: Bach, J.S. - BWV 0668 Vor deinen Thron tret' ich

Post by MarcusStrand » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:43 am

Nice arrangement, and some solid melodic phrasing however I must ask why you arpeggiate all the chords?
Arpeggios are a lovely effect but used constantly they tend to offset the rhythm with the melody or, as in this case, the bass being out of sync as you must play the lower notes earlier to get the melody note in the right place. With the bass and the melody out of sync it creates a feeling of unrest.

entschwindet

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 0668 Vor deinen Thron tret' ich

Post by entschwindet » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:51 pm

You're right - it's nothing more than a bad habit I had slipped into at that point.

I recorded this a few years ago and if I were to play it again today I would be rather more strict with the independence of the voices - there are passages with 4 parts after all...

Return to “Our recordings of J. S. Bach”