Bach, J. S. - BWV 1006a Prelude - D10

Audio and video recordings of the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Bach, J. S. - BWV xxxx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Bach, J. S. - BWV 0997 Prélude - D09 Video (BWV number padded out with zeroes to 4 digits.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
owl

Bach, J. S. - BWV 1006a Prelude - D10

Post by owl » Fri May 04, 2007 4:18 pm

This is the Prelude from Suite No.4 in E Major BWV1006a
It is the first movement of the adaptation of the Partita No.3 in E Major for violin... said to be adapted by Bach himself for the lute
This piece needs an assertive attack... it is amazing music to play... it is a clarion call ... an announcement... the call needs to be demanding and strong... an invitation to what follows.
Of course this is how I feel it should be... the suite tells a story for me but you might feel differently about it... that is of course your prerogative.

As usual it has been sitting on my desktop for a little while
I have mentioned several times that I have had some pieces recorded in my teachers studio by a professional sound technician using professional equipment so I guess you would say that this is semi-professionally recorded.
The sound just blows me away... my guitar is all silver and black velvet... she sounds amazing!
I hope compressing it to mp3 doesn’t interfere too much with the quality and that you enjoy the music

As always

Joy in the music

Owl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Fri May 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Thanks Owl!!! :applauso:

As always, sublime, exquisite -- I long ago ran out of superlatives to describe your playing. It's already downloaded into my "heavy rotation" folder!

Ok, so where's the rest of the suite...? No pressure, of course :wink:

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Fri May 04, 2007 5:21 pm

Now I'm a happy wolfgang again :casque:

:love:
Guitar Slim wrote: Ok, so where's the rest of the suite...? No pressure, of course :wink:
Too much is too much :!:

camytay

Post by camytay » Fri May 04, 2007 6:01 pm

Great to hear your brilliant playing in such good recording quality Owl. Wonderfully played. If I can get around to playing this one, this will definitely be my reference. Thanks for posting. :okok:

mickhayafe

Post by mickhayafe » Fri May 04, 2007 6:17 pm

thanks for this OWL, i just started this piece this week. my aim is to play it half as well as you did :D

PierreT

Post by PierreT » Fri May 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Wow!

Lovely playing and nice recording sound!

Knowing how difficult is that piece (I broke my teeth on it and still trying to recover), you have all my admiration for such a wonderfull rendition!

Thanks for sharing this!

Regards,

Pierre Tremblay

jarods

Post by jarods » Fri May 04, 2007 6:57 pm

hello Owl : a fantastic rendition :!: beginning sounds like a clarion, like you said : a call of the music from maestro Bach ; an exquise interpretation as usual full of sensitivity
:bravo:

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Owl, and co delcampers,

I don't know how music critics could ever articulate their feelings, it's too difficult, but this is how I studied it;

Just to be sure my hearing/feeling was correct and not fully trusting my own memory, I played this Prélude as a playlist by our friends here at Delcamp, and J.Williams, M. Barrueco, S. Isbin, A.Vidovic, D. Russell, R. Boucher, (and obviously compared them) and I can honestly say I thought yours to be the most sublime, transcendent, uplifting and inspiring. And it also drew my attention to other qualities, by that I mean, it's 'breathing or phrasing. independence of fingers, note separation or should I say clarity, and of course, musicality the way I know it.

As with all of your recordings Owl, you have a knack of getting the listener involved in the hearing and experiencing, and it's a wonderful testimonial to your recording technician too [Gary]. Such a professional presentation.

Owl should be performing on the great stages of the world, anywhere, and, in particular - my town. :wink:

To quote your words – [ it is a Clarion call ] – stand up and listen - Perfect.

Russ ~ still transcended :shock: ( And I am the oldest, thus can claim to be fan # 1) :roll:

Matt Molloy

Post by Matt Molloy » Fri May 04, 2007 8:36 pm

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Absolutely sublime! Fantastic! Beautiful! :casque:

Very well played!

Words are failing but your music is speaking wonderfully.

Thanks for the beauty.

Matt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morcambe

Proud member of the LGCI.

Guitar: James Lister 2009 SP/MP.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

bach prelude

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Fri May 04, 2007 8:49 pm

Wonderful!
Owl, you really are a spectacularly good player. This piece is so difficult and you perform it with technical ease and superb phrasing - you really understand this music and get inside it.
Brilliant.

brooks

Post by brooks » Fri May 04, 2007 9:12 pm

:shock:

that is simply one of the best versions of that piece i have ever heard.

all of the musical ideas are so clear and brilliantly expressed...just astonishing playing owl. bach speaks through you i think, you seem to understand the music so thoroughly and transmit it so beautifully...all those voices interacting, playing together, chasing eachother, responding to eachother, echoing eachother....they all become living things on your guitar. (i only had such a vivid sense of this once before while listening to a recording of ypes playing bach, and that was after eating a fair quantity of a certain wild mushroom :oops: )

its hard to hear such music and such playing and not feel the presence of something sublime...
many thanks

~brooks

Grant

Post by Grant » Fri May 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Excellent playing Owl, much respect.
:bravo:

Grant
2005 Alan Harold Chapman

Fingerboard

Post by Fingerboard » Sat May 05, 2007 12:11 am

Wonderful!!! :applauso: :applauso: :applauso:

I love you, Owl!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Guitar Slim wrote:... Ok, so where's the rest of the suite...? No pressure, of course :wink:
Next MP3 please? :D :D :D

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Sat May 05, 2007 12:16 am

Once more you made me cry! Your interpretation is so deep that it moved me profoundly. This is an immense treasure you are sharing with us here.

Thank you, you helped me look inside Bach's heart.

owl

Post by owl » Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 am

To all my longtime Delcamp friends, thank you, for your as always appreciative and humbling comments.
I am so happy that you are still enjoying the music
To my new friends, your appreciation is valued of course... thank you for showing it to me
I love to make new friends through my music

I will post the other movements as I can manage it.

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Return to “Our recordings of J. S. Bach”