Bach, J. S. - BWV 1006a Prelude - D10

Audio and video recordings of the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Bach, J. S. - BWV xxxx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Bach, J. S. - BWV 0997 Prélude - D09 Video (BWV number padded out with zeroes to 4 digits.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
owl

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1006a Prelude - D10

Postby owl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:51 am

How lovely to hear from you Erik... I'm so happy you enjoyed the music :mrgreen:

It was my pleasure :D

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

radioholik

Postby radioholik » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:54 am

Another breathtaking piece. Awesome!
:merci:

owl

Postby owl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 am

Thanks for listening radioholik ... I'm happy you enjoyed the piece :mrgreen:

Joy in the music

Owl

gabasa

Postby gabasa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 am

This is one of my favorite Bach pieces for guitar. Great interpretation! :bravo:

Gord

owl

Postby owl » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks for listening and leaving a comment Gord... it's nice to hear from you :D

Joy in the music

Owl

Samuel Hines

Postby Samuel Hines » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:24 pm

This is really fantastic. I just found about your recordings, and this is superb. I've been working on this piece for 4 years, and am working on it even more, for a guitar competition I'm trying to get into. And it never seems that I can master it. It is THE hardest piece in my repertoire, harder than pieces like the Fandango by Rodrigo, or Albeniz's Sevilla, etc. (Maybe this is saying more to my inability than my ability though... :lol: )

I always have another phrase to bring out, another line of music that has to be clearer, have to make this rift cleaner, etc. What I like about the music that you've recorded, is that in a lot of ways it is different than, for example how I play it, or Williams, or Parkening, or Barrueco, (In playing it, I think you are closest to Barrueco's style,) but you understand the phrasing wonderfully and you have your own interpretation for it. (Hope you don't mind my comparing you to these, or to myself... :wink: ) Also I get my own ideas of interpretations from your playing, that I may, ahem, borrow... :mrgreen:

I notice you don't do a lot of slurs to in the piece, is that something that you've decided not emphasize? I know that there is a school of thought that with Baroque music, that for example with piece there would be no slurs. Also, if you don't mind my asking, did you record this in one take, or did you do several takes and cut the best sections out for the whole piece? What's the best way to do that?

Great playing, and excellent musicianship, I'll soon be listening to your other recordings :casque: and be commenting on them as well. :D

charlesivey

Postby charlesivey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 am

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, when this was first posted, I said this was the best ever -- Now hear ye all newbies to Delcamp, BUMP, I plead with you to listen to a true masterpiece. This is a magical performance that sustains its power every single time. It is ageless beauty. Owl maintains a special place in my soul for this contribution.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

RamseyJ

Postby RamseyJ » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 am

Good call charlesivey ... stunning music and interpretation. Owl is amazing.

Trystramys

Postby Trystramys » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Yup, I agree with you CI; just got back to browsing the forums after a long absence and one of the first things I did was to see whether or not owl had uploaded more of her playing. I was very happy to find more of her music on the forum. :D

Thank you so much, owl! :bye:

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:19 pm

I am so glad this percolated to the top again! Lovely.... absolutely LOVELY, Owl! :casque: :flowers:
Thank you for giving this to us. I've now read eight pages of comments and I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said at least four times! :mrgreen:
I love listening to you, Owl.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

montana

Postby montana » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:30 am

This is what Bach heard.

owl

Postby owl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:33 am

Samuel Hines wrote:I notice you don't do a lot of slurs to in the piece, is that something that you've decided not emphasize? I know that there is a school of thought that with Baroque music, that for example with piece there would be no slurs. Also, if you don't mind my asking, did you record this in one take, or did you do several takes and cut the best sections out for the whole piece? What's the best way to do that?

Hi Samuel, thanks for listening and taking the time to comment
As with all of my music (along with my teacher), I make decisions on how a movement should be played depending on the suite as a whole, and this is how I feel the music is best served

The entire suite was recorded in one take... I can tell you it was a very hard day!!! :chaud:
And it was not edited... I know there are also different schools of thought on this but it is something I feel quite strongly about and I don't do it!
Each to their own of course, but it's not a practice I agree with
Thanks again for your comments and I'm happy you enjoyed the music :D

Hello Charles old friend... thanks as always for your continued support
You know how I value your thoughts and opinion

Thanks for listening Ramsey... I'm glad you like the music

Hi Trys, how nice to see you again... it's been too long mate
Happy to play for you as always :mrgreen:

Thank you lagartija... it's always a pleasure to hear from you, and I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the music

Thank you montana high praise indeed
It's always my intention to play the music as I think the composer would want... I'm happy you feel that

Thank you all so much and.............
Joy in the music

Owl

rojarosguitar

Postby rojarosguitar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 am

Amazing! I love your rendition, sound, the piece itself ... just perfect!

best wishes
Robert
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Jeffrey.C

Postby Jeffrey.C » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 am

I really enjoy your recordings, owl! Note perfect and musical! How long have you been playing? Do you mind if I ask which state of Australia you're from? I haven't heard many players with accuracy like yours in Australia yet!
"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." - Gustav Mahler

owl

Postby owl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:02 am

Thank you Robert and Jeffrey for listening, I'm pleased you enjoyed the music :D

Jeffrey I've been playing classical for over 30 years
Currently I live in North Eastern Victoria but I spent many years in Southern Queensland
You flatter me, we have some wonderful players in Oz and more appearing every year

Thank you for your positive comments

Joy in the music

Owl

Return to “Our recordings of J. S. Bach”