Sor, Fernando - op.35/22 Study in Bm - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
lucy

Sor, Fernando - op.35/22 Study in Bm - Video

Post by lucy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I played this piece in a recital recently.

Just wanted to share...

Youtube
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

Mårten

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.35/22 Study in Bm - Video

Post by Mårten » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm

That was delightful👏🎶😀
Thanks for sharing🙏

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 am

You have quite the repertoire and a very nice sound. I hope I can some day carve out my place in the recitals, and do maybe half as nicely as you do!

cgratham

Post by cgratham » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 am

I really enjoyed your rendition of this lovely study Lucy. Thanks for sharing it.

Chris
2014 Douglass Scott Cedar/EIRW
2010 Martin Blackwell Spruce/Cedar Double top/ EIRW

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks guys! :)
powderedtoastman wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 am
You have quite the repertoire and a very nice sound. I hope I can some day carve out my place in the recitals, and do maybe half as nicely as you do!
Thanks. I think it's very nice to play these kind of pieces, anyway, but to be frank, the type of places I'm playing at, I have no fear of someone saying, "Oh, but it wasn't that difficult, was it".... As far as I can see, so long as it's played well enough, people like it! Isn't that the most important thing anyway?

Of course, I can play more difficult pieces and I do perform those as well, but the added bonus of performing pieces of this level, is that because they are easy for me, I can really focus on my performance skills, like getting used to being out there and playing as musically as I can. There's more to refining an instrument than the practice room!!

Good luck with your own recital plans. :)

Mickmac

Post by Mickmac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 pm

lucy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks. I think it's very nice to play these kind of pieces, anyway, but to be frank, the type of places I'm playing at, I have no fear of someone saying, "Oh, but it wasn't that difficult, was it".... As far as I can see, so long as it's played well enough, people like it! Isn't that the most important thing anyway?

Of course, I can play more difficult pieces and I do perform those as well, but the added bonus of performing pieces of this level, is that because they are easy for me, I can really focus on my performance skills, like getting used to being out there and playing as musically as I can. There's more to refining an instrument than the practice room!!
You're so right Lucy! It's about the music, not the performer. Lovely rendition, BTW.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Mickmac wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 pm
lucy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

You're so right Lucy! It's about the music, not the performer. Lovely rendition, BTW.
:merci:

slidika

Post by slidika » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Nice tone and overall pleasing! :merci:
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

ADeanS

Post by ADeanS » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:44 am

loved your expression. Difficulty is a matter of perspective. To many of us this is still a hard piece.

The mic, (I think) didn't do you justice by booming the bass. I'd love to hear you play this again with a little better recording setup.

BTW, your skill and musicianship came through in spite of sub-optimal sound equipment.

Dean

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for listening slidika and Dean. :)
ADeanS wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:44 am
The mic, (I think) didn't do you justice by booming the bass.
I'm not sure the mic, itself, was at fault, more a problem of where it was positioned. It was tricky to set up, where it would have sounded better, because of having a music stand in way. Also, I probably should have made a cut in certain frequencies, using the graphic equaliser, to lessen the problem. I'm no expert!
ADeanS wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:44 am
I'd love to hear you play this again with a little better recording setup.
Well, I did this home recording, 3 years ago, with the same mic, but the boomy bass is not so pronounced.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89373

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”