Sor, Fernando - op.09 Magic Flute var

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
leyenda

Sor, Fernando - op.09 Magic Flute var

Post by leyenda » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 pm

magic flute
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lawler

Re: Sor, Fernando - op9 magic flute var

Post by Lawler » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Very nice. Both strong and subtle. I like the timbre contrasts you did in the second half of the first variation. Leyenda, if you don't mind saying, what are the dimensions of the room this was recorded in?

leyenda

Post by leyenda » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 pm

Lawler wrote:Very nice. Both strong and subtle. I like the timbre contrasts you did in the second half of the first variation. Leyenda, if you don't mind saying, what are the dimensions of the room this was recorded in?
Small. Thanks fi listening.

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:33 pm

leyenda wrote:
Lawler wrote:Very nice. Both strong and subtle. I like the timbre contrasts you did in the second half of the first variation. Leyenda, if you don't mind saying, what are the dimensions of the room this was recorded in?
The recording sounds like it was done in a large room with a high ceiling. You not only have a gift for expression on the guitar, but for recording tech as well. Well done all around.

leyenda

Post by leyenda » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Lawler wrote:
leyenda wrote:
The recording sounds like it was done in a large room with a high ceiling. You not only have a gift for expression on the guitar, but for recording tech as well. Well done all around.
Thanks, although I think I may have over done the reverb on this one. Imo, probably one of the best pieces in the classical guitar repertoire and also a great piece for improving techniwue.

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:04 pm

leyenda wrote: ...I think I may have over done the reverb on this one...
A matter of taste, sure. But it doesn't sound unnatural, and usually a large room verb put over a small room recording sounds very unnatural.

RHSOldboy

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.09 Magic Flute var

Post by RHSOldboy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:06 am

Great recording and an enjoyable listen. Thank you for posting.

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”